Registry Cleaner?

new reply
borton
BDG

Registry Cleaner?

Post by borton »

My system has been sent back to the repairers as I apparently beggared their first efforts by running a Registry Cleaner after they upgraded me to Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I've also had my memory increased from 3g to 15g no less.

They have "politely" asked me to remove said prog from my system as they claim that they are no longer necessary on Windows 7 systems;in fact, they can very damaging.

I've sought the opinion of the World at large and it seems to be 50/50 for and agin.

I would appreciate the views of the BoB community. :)

I have been using CleanMyPc for years.

Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Re: Registry Cleaner?

Post by Paul K »

CCleaner here. I've used it regularly on a Win 7 64 bit machine for the last two years and haven't had a single problem. And I suspect quite a few other people will shortly reply to this thread and also recommend CCleaner.

http://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER

:)

Rusty Lock
Senior Airman

Post by Rusty Lock »

I second CCleaner, along with it's third-party addon; CCenhancer, which adds in references to extra dross that can be safely flushed from the system.

http://download.cnet.com/CCEnhancer/300 ... 12385.html

It's never broken my system, or caused me any grief. I've used it for WinXP, WinXP Pro, and Win7 64bit - both Pro, and Ultimate, without hassle.

Be sure to know what you're selecting though, I recommend having a little browse of the Piriform site for what each item in the check-box list do.

John.
~ Make love to the sky, don't shag it.

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

I also use CCleaner and have for years.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

zenandzen
Airman

Post by zenandzen »

CC Cleaner for years on both XP (6 different machines) and Win7 (1 laptop) machines - never a problem was caused by this software.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”