file corruption

new reply
raff
Airman Basic

file corruption

Post by raff »

I have been trying to install BOB2 V2.11. I keep getting a message saying "file corruption is found in your BOB2 directory". Does anyone have an answer for this problem? I am running xp and have run two different cleaners.

Prem Holdaway
BDG

Re: file corruption

Post by Prem Holdaway »

Hi raff,

I would suggest that you uninstall Bob two and remove all directories connected with Bob two and reinstall it. Then try and reinstall version 2.11 when it asks you to update the direct X then do allow it to update. Do not skip that part.

Hopefully that will cure your problem.
Prem.

Asus Rog Strix Z690 F WiFi, Intel I9 12900 3200Mhz, 32Gig Mem 5600 DDR5, Asus AMD Radeon RX 6800, 1000W PSU, Windows 11 64bit, TrackIR 5 + Track clip pro, also TrackHat opentrack v3, Hotas Warthog + Viper TQS system & TRP rudder pedals.

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

You are getting a strange message.

You need a "very" fresh install of BOBII. Here is the install procedure that I recommend (Hopefully then, you will have the same install on your PC that I have on my PC):

Each Step is Important (Note- do not worry about the MultiSkin for now as you can install it later)

1. download and unpack the 2.11 self installer or re-download the 2.11 just in case you had a corrupted download the first time
2. Uninstall old version or BoBII
3. Delete all files from the BoBII folder (leave none). [IMPORTANT: These old files left by the uninstaller can cause issues with the new EXE.]
4. Run a registry cleaner (like CC cleaner - a free program) as you had an old install of BobII (Important to cleanup)
5. Reinstall BoBII game CD or Download version that you purchased
6. Run (execute) the 2.11 Update that you downloaded

Re-do the following Windows 7 fix as you had a new install:

Right click on shortcut and go to properties. Go to the compatibility tab. Check "disable desktop composition" and check the privilege level, run this program as an administrator.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

PV
BDG

Post by PV »

I posted a reply to this over at SimHQ.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”