English Text not working

Buddye
BDG

Re: English Text not working

Post by Buddye »

It seems to me but I am not an expert that you have a problem with windows dynamic link library.

Can you run any games on your PC? Does anything work.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

danb12
Staff Sergeant

Post by danb12 »

thanks for the replies guys...

I am not in tonight so will have to play around with it tomorrow... I will get back to you tomorrow evening about 6pm my time (GMT)

I can play other games yes I only have BOB and FSX installed on my machine oh and the sims (my sister!) but it all runs smoothly...

I can navigate etc on the menus and it crashes after about 5 mins in the cockpit...

thanks again- much appreciated as i love this game!!

Dan

danb12
Staff Sergeant

Post by danb12 »

By the way what is BoBII configuration utility?

I may have done this without knowing but how do i get there?

if you reply i will check this tonight so can message back :)

MadRobbie1
BDG

Post by MadRobbie1 »

danb12 wrote:By the way what is BoBII configuration utility?

I may have done this without knowing but how do i get there?

if you reply i will check this tonight so can message back :)
danb12 - I'm at work at the mo, so will get back to you in detail about the config utility this evening 8)

Cheers!
Rob
Win10 Home 64bit; i7-8700 3.2GHz, 32GB RAM, GTX1070 8GB, x2 500GB SSD, x1 2TB HDD, Track IR5.
Saitek: X-55, ProPedals, Throttle Quadrant, x2 ProGamer pads; VRInsight TT Panel.

All A2A aircraft, Accufeel and Aircraft Factory Corsair/P-51/Anson.

danb12
Staff Sergeant

Post by danb12 »

OK thanks :-) I appreciate all of your time... I won't be able to do anything until tomorrow evening but I will give anything a go!

Dan

MadRobbie1
BDG

Post by MadRobbie1 »

danb12 wrote:By the way what is BoBII configuration utility?
OK - take a look in the main BoBII install folder.
You'll see an executable file called "bob2_config".... double-click to run it....

The first window that pops up will say something along the lines of 'installation wizard'. Thats OK, as the config utility is part of the main BoBII install program, which is probably where you've seen it before. Just follow the steps carefully:

BoBII Directory Confirmation - just make sure the folder is pointing to the correct path.
Default is: C:\Battle of Britain II
Click 'ok'
Choose the visual effects style - realistic or hollywood - then click 'ok'
Select canopy glass - reflections on or off - then click 'ok'
Stop Background Programs - Choose STOP Background Apps. When you click 'OK' a DOS style window will open, and the computer will perform various actions to shut down all the programs superfluous to running BoBII. (Be aware that this will leave the computer without antivirus and other protective programs, so make sure the internet is disconnected for the length of your gaming session on BoBII. When you've finished, all you need to do is reboot the PC, and everything will be running as normal)

Reset Defaults - unless you want to start afresh and have to set up everything from scratch again, click NO, then click 'ok'.

You should then get a message saying that the update is complete. Click 'done', and you're ready to fire up BoBII.

Just remember to run bob2_config.exe each time before you load the game at the start of a new gaming session, and then reboot the PC once you've finished playing before you do anything else with the PC.

To make the process a little quicker, I've added a shortcut to the config.exe on my desktop, placing it next to the BoBII game icon.

How did things go with changing some of those graphic settings I suggested?
Keep us all posted with your progress trying out the config.exe too.

Cheers!
Rob
Win10 Home 64bit; i7-8700 3.2GHz, 32GB RAM, GTX1070 8GB, x2 500GB SSD, x1 2TB HDD, Track IR5.
Saitek: X-55, ProPedals, Throttle Quadrant, x2 ProGamer pads; VRInsight TT Panel.

All A2A aircraft, Accufeel and Aircraft Factory Corsair/P-51/Anson.

danb12
Staff Sergeant

Post by danb12 »

Thanks a lot! I will try all of this tonight and keep my fingers crossed :-)

I will try the config and the settings so hopefully one of them or both will help!

Thanks again!

Dan

danb12
Staff Sergeant

Post by danb12 »

Right I have tried the suggestions... graphics etc...

when i ran the config, the same netapp32.dll errors occured...

I reckon i will jsut have to give up and play FSX... not a bad substitute but you can't destroy anything and dice with death!

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”