Sos 'BoB English text has stopped working'

BlueZed
Airman

Re: Sos 'BoB English text has stopped working'

Post by BlueZed »

Thanks for the quick response Buddye. The only two things that my setup might not conform to your suggestions are:

1. I have not implemented the multi-skin patch. Is this essential? I am happy without it otherwise.

2. I downloaded the DirectX 9.0c (June Version) but when I was installing it and it asked me where to put it, I selected the BOBII directory. Was this okay? Was there a better place to put it? It seemed to simply dump about thirty CAB files in there. During the initial install of BOBII I think when it came to updating the DirectX I got the message that DirectX 11 was the latest and moved on.

In a separate thread:

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 67#p234667

you mention that the "Vertex Buffer Creation Failure!" error is rare but I get this occasionally too. I will try the suggested solution and use the "Large Address Aware" utility.

I am thinking it might be a good idea to 'blat' this BOBII installation and reinstall afresh.

PV
BDG

Post by PV »

1) Multiskin is purely eye candy. Not running it will not make
any impact on the function of the game, but it is nice to have if
your machine can handle it. Among other things it provides each aircraft
with their individual number code, which helps keep track of who is who.

Your vidcard is an ATI 6800 series, as is mine, and I run multiskin without
problems. It is also possible to tweak up a "multiskin lite" via adjustments to
the controlling files, described in a post in the FAQ forum, which will give
some of the nice features of multiskin without loading down the card too much.

2) the DirectX download is an installer. You need to park it in a utility storage
location (a temp folder, or as I have, an "app zips box" where I keep my downloaded
software installers), then run it, it will go out and fetch required bits from the
net and load them, mostly into windows\system32\. With W7, there's the DXDiagnostic
program, but it's hard to tell from its interface if you've got a successful installation,
cuz it just wants to tell you all about how wonderful your DX11 is. The best way to
ensure your DX9.0c is good is to look in windows\system32\, and you should find a
whole string of .dll files called d3dx9_nn.dll where nn goes from 24 to 43. If they're
all there, you're good.

BlueZed
Airman

Post by BlueZed »

41, 42, 43 ... yep ... all there!

Thanks very much PV! One less thing to worry about.

BlueZed
Airman

Post by BlueZed »

Excellent support on this forum!

I followed the advice suggested, including the Large Address utility, and for the past two nights I have not experienced any CTDs or errors.

Thanks very much all.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”