Controller config/ UI

Darr
Airman Basic

Post by Darr »

it is that I use a translator, my language it is Spanish.
What I say is that the movement of the rudder in the flight is very strong when using it
to fly to live and to live to fly........

CHThree
Airman Basic

Re: Controller config/ UI

Post by CHThree »

Hi,

I realise this is not a problem with BOB2 as such, but I have just installed a new microsoft wireless multimedia keyboard 1.1 on windows XP and the F keys do not function as they should (views etc) , they are preprogrammed with other key sequences , for example F2 is programmed as undo ( Ctrl + Z).

Is there a known way around this?

Thanks

CHThree

*Edit* - Found it - the "F-Lock" key ! :)

Bader
BDG

Post by Bader »

Ah. good to know, thanks.
"Ah yes, Michael (Parkinson)," Bader replied, "But these particular Fockers were Messerschmitts..."

Intel Core I7 920 @3.57GHz
GA-EX58-UD3R Mobo
8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 PC3-12800 (1600MHz)
ATI HD4870 1024M
Win 7 Home
Saitek X52 Pro

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

Some additional Key Mapping Information from Rob (CPS_Bomber)...............................................................................................................

The fact is, you should be able to delete every single keyboard and jstick map thats default with BoBII and completely reassign them to your taste.

When you go to the custom key mapping screen, you are presented with a window with 2 main columns -
*COMMAND* on the left with *KEY* on the right.

Now, if you click and highlight one of the entries under *COMMAND*, it will turn red and a description of the command will appear below. If you press any jstick button or keyboard key, nothing will happen.
Now, if you click and highlight the entry under *KEY* column, you should get another message pop up saying:

"Polling input devices... please press the button you want to map......."

At this point, press the jstick button or keyboard key. If it's readily available, the command will (should) take. If your choice is already assigned, it will give you a warning window:

"This key combination is already used with ....... do you want to remap?" and it will give you the option of *YES* // *CANCEL*

You should be able to remap anything apart from the mouse buttons.

Once you've done your mapping, click on save in the lower left corner, and for safety, exit the game and restart it.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

Also look at this thread for alot of detail information on keymapping:

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 10&t=13023
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

buzz887
Airman

Post by buzz887 »

Can anyone give a simple "yes, it works and here is what you do" or NO this game does not handle "toe brakes".

I have been in and out of so many posts and yet not ONE actually says it can or cant be done. They most all refer to back to "Retro's guide, and as good as it may be, it does not explain specifically how to set up for Toe Brakes, more to the point it doest specifically say it CAN'T be done.

So what is the answer?

Have you managed it, if so, how so.

I truly am grateful for the assistance I have had and for the information provided by those that have posted, however a definitive yes or no is whats needed.

Many thanks

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

A simple "yes", as I have already told you, the CH Pro Pedal'sToe Brakes can be made to work in BOBII and many have already done it.

You will need the skill to understand and use the CH Control Manager which gives the player the capability to map CH Pro Pedal Axis to application keys. In BOBII the brake keys are "," and ".". If needed, you can get help from the CH web site as it is their software.

This is the CH Control Manager procedure a BOBII player used and posted and the procedure was used by other players. They said that it worked:

Select Pro pedals in CH Control Manager.

Select Left Toe brake axis, and untick 'DX mode''
Change 'steps' from default of '2' to '1'
Enter ',' in 'Inc Key' box
Enter 'NULL' in 'Deckey box.

Select Right Toe brake axis , and untick 'DX mode''
Enter '.' in 'Inc Key' box

Save, download to pedals and enjoy.

NULL is case sensitive, substitute the ',' and/or '.' for whatever keys you have mapped your brakes to.
Buddye

buzz887
Airman

Post by buzz887 »

Buddye wrote:A simple "yes", as I have already told you, the CH Pro Pedal'sToe Brakes can be made to work in BOBII and many have already done it.

You will need the skill to understand and use the CH Control Manager which gives the player the capability to map CH Pro Pedal Axis to application keys. In BOBII the brake keys are "," and ".". If needed, you can get help from the CH web site as it is their software.

This is the CH Control Manager procedure a BOBII player used and posted and the procedure was used by other players. They said that it worked:

Select Pro pedals in CH Control Manager.

Select Left Toe brake axis, and untick 'DX mode''
Enter ',' in 'Inc Key' box

Select Right Toe brake axis , and untick 'DX mode''
Enter '.' in 'Inc Key' box

Save, download to pedals and enjoy.

NULL is case sensitive, substitute the ',' and/or '.' for whatever keys you have mapped your brakes to.
Once again many thanks for your assistance, I posted the question here before I had checked out the other reply you gave me. I have installed and tested and it works fine for toe brakes. Still to figure out how to combine it as an "all in one" joystick though.

Flogiston
Airman Basic

Post by Flogiston »

I just got a brand new set of Simped Vario Pro USB rudder pedals, which I'd very much like to use in BoB2. However, when I attempt to map the axis, the game does not recognize it. I can move the pedals back and forth several times, and it never picks up the axis.

The pedals are recognized in the windows 7 device manager, and they work just fine in Rise of Flight and CFS3.

I am also using a CH Combat Stick and a Saitek Throttle Quadrant, both of which are recognized by Battle of Britain.

Any suggestions?

Blaugrana
Airman

Post by Blaugrana »

I have just bought a Speedlink Black Widow joystick and throttle and cannot get the throttle working.

It works in the Windows 7 device control panel but BoB doesn't seem to see it. I have gone to the custom page of controller options and the only axes listed are the joysticks X and Y and one for the rudder (which is a paddle thingy on the throttle). So, I can't get hold of the throttle axis in order to assign it to throttle.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

Hi Flagistan, welcome to BOBII and the BOBII forums and community.

The Input controllers pull down list should show all the controllers that the game has picked up.

Just select the one you want to asign the correct axis.

In my example the CombatStick is selected.

Here is an example of my completed assignments. Sorry, I do not have a seperate throttle but it should be the same and 100's of players have seperate throttles.

Buddye

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

In the Customs page, in the Assigned Axis column, click whatever current assignment for Throttle is given,
then move your Throttle. The game should then recognize it.

Note, for my SAITEK X52 I had to Reverse the input.
To do that, click on Throttle in the left column. Some more stuff will show up at far right. Click on reverse.

Blaugrana
Airman

Post by Blaugrana »

Thanks Stickman,

I have managed to get my throttle working by doing exactly as you suggest. Off to Duxford ...

Deej1965
Airman

Re: Controller config/ UI Wingman 3 Pro

Post by Deej1965 »

Hey there all. New to the forum. Presently have BoB 2 WOV up and running on windows vista..with a little work and assistance from friends. I am having issues with my Wingman 3 pro FF JS though. I cannot for the life of me get the FF feature to work in the game. I've fiddled around in the control settings area in the game but to no avail. I've also tried plugging and unplugging the JS from the USB port w/o sucess. No FF box comes up in the control settings area although the game recognizes the JS. I looked through the forum here for some answers/directions and tried them w/o sucess as well. Any or all help is welcome at this point..lol..
Tks very much.
Deej

hellcat44
Senior Airman

Post by hellcat44 »

Bummer,,,I've always said a game without FFB is like sex without a partner,,,
My old MS SideWinder2 FFB installed without a hitch. But since going from XP to Win7 a few months ago, the FFB
occasionally goes rogue when running M.S. combat flight sims. No problem with BoB though...go figure.
hellcat

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”