Error then Quit to Desktop: "Resolution not supported?"

Buddye
BDG

Re: Error then Quit to Desktop: "Resolution not supported?"

Post by Buddye »

Hounshell wrote:
Also, It would be nice if someone can confirm the "Resolution not supported?" message by
running BOB2 in an Administrator account. Be sure to run it twice, just to be sure.
Are you talking about right clicking on the BOBII shortcut, selecting properties, and not checking run as administrator?

I always run BOBII with the administrator box checked. I run windows 7 64 bit and I have never seen or heard of the message "Resolution not supported" until your post. I just do not undersatnd what is going on for you.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

Hounshell
Airman

Post by Hounshell »

No, I am talking about a Windows "Administrator" account.
The user account is assigned "Administrator" - this is different than having the BOB2 program run with "Administrator" priv.

I do have my BOB2 program set to run with "Administrator" priv, but I must run BOB2 from a user account that is non-administrator.

On my machine, every time I try and run BOB2 from my admin acount - I get the "Resolution not supported?" message.
But if I run from a regular non-admin account (even though BOB2 is set to run as "Administrator") then it all works.

I do not have UAC disabled in Windows 7. Perhaps it is related to that?

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

I am the only account on my PC and I am the administrator.

I run with UAC = off.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

Hounshell
Airman

Post by Hounshell »

Well, I just tried disabling UAC, rebooting, and then running BOB2. no luck.
disabling UAC makes no difference when running from my admin account, I still get the "Resolution not supported?" message.

It seems crazy, but I must run BOB2 from a non-admin account, and I also must have the BOB2 program set to run as "Administrator" (for TrackIR).

The only other difference that I am aware of is that this machine does have several user accounts.
and now I have turned my UAC back on.

The PC is less than 1 month old, with Windows 7 installed by Dell.

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

Hounshell

I have a 3 month old Dell bought off the shelf from Best Buy. March, 2010.
Never had these Resolution problems you have.
The only other difference that I am aware of is that this machine does have several user accounts.
My 3 kids and a step-daughter, are all grown up & gone.. broken heart as I be, as I miss them all.
My present wife of 28 years, does not even know how to boot up my computer. :)
However, now that the kids are gone, I can be assured that no one but me, has been fakking around with my (almost) virgin computer. :wink:

System ======

CPU: Intel Core i7 860 (Quad Core) CPU @ 2.80GHz
MOTHERBOARD: DELL Model 0T568R
MEMORY: 8 GB (4 each Elpida, 2GB @ 1GHz)
GFX: ATI Radeon HD 5700 - 1GB memory
SOUND: On board Realtek

Joy Stick: SAITEK X52
TrackIR: no

Monitor:
LG FLATRON W2252TQ
BoBII game resolution used is !1680x1050x32@60!

----Radeon settings:
SMOOTHVISION HD Anti-Aliasing = 4X
SMOOTHVISION HD Anisotropic Filtering = Use application settings
Catalyst AI = Advanced
Wait for vertical refresh = Always On
Anti-Aliasing Mode = Mulit-sample AA (Performance)

DavidBanks
Airman Basic

Post by DavidBanks »

I ran into the same problem on my Windows 7 64 bit computer in 2013. I too could not get past the "Resolution not supported?" screen. Then I accidentally stumbled on a solution that worked in my case. Using the Windows 7 screen resolution and display options, I normally have the text size set to large (150%), and if you can't fathom why anyone would do such a strange thing, well, you've obviously never worn middle-age bi-focal glasses 8-) However, when I reduced the text size to medium (125%) the game loaded and ran properly. Of course this change played havoc with my desktop icons! Hope that helps.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”