BoB2 Converted Videos for Windows 7 and Vista Players

McMick
Technical Sergeant

BoB2 Converted Videos for Windows 7 and Vista Players

Post by McMick »

I uploaded the ones I converted from indeo to mpeg2 to the first free file hosting site I could use without registering. Here is the result:

http://www.badongo.com/file/20507512

The file is 60MB in size. Note that after you type in the captcha code on the right and hit the download file button, there is a TIMER at the very bottom of the page (you'll need to scroll down to see it). When it reaches zero, a download link will appear and your download will begin when you click that link.

Grab it while it's there, I'm sure these unregistered uploads get purged after a certain amount of time.

When you install it, I'd recommend you make a backup copy of your avi folder somewhere in case the results don't work out. After you're sure you've correctly backed it up somewhere safe, just unzip everything in this folder to the avi folder and overwrite all files.

Happy Viewing!
Intel z170, i5-6600K, GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR4-2666, Win10 x64, TIR3+6DoF, MS SW FFB2, Viewsonic 22" LCD 60Hz 1080p

BigDuke66
Airman

Re: BoB2 Converted Videos Here

Post by BigDuke66 »

Thanks but sadly they don't work for me.
I tried to convert one myself to DivX but the game didn't take it.
They all work fine when I use zoom player but the game just plays the sound and that's it.

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

I tested the files that McMick up loaded and they all played fine for me both in-game and as individual files with Windows Media Player (no issues for me).

NOTE: I run XP and the video's have always worked for me.

Here is the download that I re-hosted for easier access:

http://www.shockwaveproductions.com/bob ... 2MPEG2.zip

Here is the Procedure that I used:

1. back up the AVI folder which is in your BOBII folder
2. Unpack the file into your AVI folder using rar (all the existing files will be replaced with the new MPEG2 files).

We need someon to test this procedure using Windows 7 and Vista and report here.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

BigDuke66 wrote:Thanks but sadly they don't work for me.
I tried to convert one myself to DivX but the game didn't take it.
They all work fine when I use zoom player but the game just plays the sound and that's it.
Hi BigDuke,

Can you try the procedure I tried above for us?
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

BigDuke66
Airman

Post by BigDuke66 »

I did it that way but it didn't work.
I use W7 and I guess that is the problem.
Under XP I installed a codec and then it worked, under W7 I installed a codec too and zoom player can now play the original files which it formerly refused but in-game they still don't work.

The Problem with the Indeo video seems to be this:
"Windows XP Vista SP2 and Windows 7 - As of May 2009, Ligos noticed indications that Microsoft had begun including versions of Indeo in these operating systems and associated updates, as is their right. These are treated as Core System Files, and cannot be disabled or overwritten by the user. As a result, Ligos Indeo Software Codecs are not usable with these operating systems. In addition, some applications require Indeo 5.11 or greater and may not function on these newer Microsoft OSes. Unfortunately, Ligos is unable to provide a solution to users having issues with this change. Users should contact the original manufacturer of their application or webcam for help, and contact Microsoft Support for a solution. If you have one of these OSes, you should not purchase Ligos Indeo Software Codecs as they will not install, and we are unable to provide refunds for this issue."

But why he even refuses to play the converted videos(McMick & mine) in-game I don't know.

Prem Holdaway
BDG

Post by Prem Holdaway »

Yes I have tried it as well. It does not work for me either. If I click on an AVI file. Windows 7 media player will play it with no problem. If I try to play the previous AVI files, I only get sound, no vision. I suspect something needs updating.
Prem.

Asus Rog Strix Z690 F WiFi, Intel I9 12900 3200Mhz, 32Gig Mem 5600 DDR5, Asus AMD Radeon RX 6800, 1000W PSU, Windows 11 64bit, TrackIR 5 + Track clip pro, also TrackHat opentrack v3, Hotas Warthog + Viper TQS system & TRP rudder pedals.

Itkovian
Staff Sergeant

Post by Itkovian »

Thank you very much, this is working perfectly. :)

Itkovian

Bostjan42
Senior Airman

Post by Bostjan42 »

Thanks, works great (on Win7, 32bit).

I would recommend using this in the next patch, since newer systems have problems playing Indeo vids, wheres MPEG2 should work on all.

Prem Holdaway
BDG

Post by Prem Holdaway »

Bostjan,

It certainly doesn't work in win7, 64 bit. Or at least I haven't been able to get it to work. It works in win7 media player but not bob two.
Prem.

Asus Rog Strix Z690 F WiFi, Intel I9 12900 3200Mhz, 32Gig Mem 5600 DDR5, Asus AMD Radeon RX 6800, 1000W PSU, Windows 11 64bit, TrackIR 5 + Track clip pro, also TrackHat opentrack v3, Hotas Warthog + Viper TQS system & TRP rudder pedals.

McMick
Technical Sergeant

Post by McMick »

To people whom it doesn't work for: Do you by any chance use an ATI card?

It works fine in Win7 64-bit for me with an Nvidia card. This is true of the indeo videos as well (when I install the indeo 5 codec). I'm beginning to suspect the ATI drivers.
Intel z170, i5-6600K, GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR4-2666, Win10 x64, TIR3+6DoF, MS SW FFB2, Viewsonic 22" LCD 60Hz 1080p

BigDuke66
Airman

Post by BigDuke66 »

Yes I use a Sapphire HD4890 Toxic.

McMick
Technical Sergeant

Post by McMick »

I think that it is the ATI driver then, as everyone else who's mentioned a problem in this thread uses an ATI card.

That said, yes, if they wanted to they could include these in a patch, or make a separate patch of them. This will at very least relieve people of the need to install the indeo codec. At least Nvidia owners wouldn't have anything to worry about. (I sure hope I'm not putting my foot in my mouth with the ATI driver theory. But their driver track record puts the odds squarely on my side!)

Do we have an ATI rep we can email about this issue?

Prem Holdaway
BDG

Post by Prem Holdaway »

I'm not too sure but I don't think it is an ATI driver problem. If it was then I wouldn't expect them to work in windows media player. I could be wrong. But they do work in windows media player.

I also couldn't get the indio codec drivers to work. On checking on their web site. The information was that the Indio codec version five drivers would not work with windows 7. That was a couple of months ago when I last checked. So I will check again just to make sure I have my facts right.

Edit: according to Ligos they are not compatible with either vista or windows 7.
Prem.

ReFLeX
BDG

Post by ReFLeX »

I run windows 7 with the original files. They work fine for me.. I only have to turn off desktop composition and run in winxp sp3 mode.. Oh and run as admin....

McMick
Technical Sergeant

Post by McMick »

Indeo 5 is only a codec. Some codec packs designed for installation on Win7 include it. It works fine on other Win7 systems owned by BoB2 users. Unless evidence to the contrary surfaces, I'm convinced this is an ATI driver-related issue.

For BoB2 on my Win7 x64, I haven't had to disable anything except User Account Control. I'm pretty sure XP compatibility mode is unnecessary.

I think the ATI problem must have to do with what "surface" the video is being displayed on. Perhaps the video *is* rendering, but not on a surface exposed in the BoB2 menu.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”