Resolution support

new reply
Dorjun Driver
Airman Basic

Resolution support

Post by Dorjun Driver »

Noob here. I'm curios as to why I get a "Resolution not supported" message on startup :cry: . Upon closing and restarting everything works :D . No big t'ing mon, but inquiring minds want to know.

Osram
BDG & A2A

Re: Resolution support

Post by Osram »

Strange. I dont think I have heard that one before.

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

Hi Driver, welcome to BOBII and the BOBII forum and community.

Are you running Vista?

Have you made the Vista change?

If you have "not" applied the Vista fix;

Note6: Windows Vista users. All Vista users will need to apply the 'Vista fix' to your desktop shortcut as a 2.10 overwrites previous shortcuts.
Right click on shortcut and go to properties. Go to the compatibility tab. Check "disable desktop composition" and check the privilege level, run this program as an administrator.

If you have a wide screen monitor, you will need:

First, set you "windows" resolution (in windows) to your monitors native resolution.

Second, because you have a Wide Screen Monitor try in game setting of resolution:

Set in options->GFX use Windows Desktop Resolution (Recommended)=OFF

Then manually select the resolution (in game) as close as possible to your monitors native resolution from the pull down list of resolution options.

Let me know if this solves the issue.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

Dorjun Driver
Airman Basic

Post by Dorjun Driver »

Buddye,

I'm running XPro. I have had the options you recommended since first inception. And no, it does not resolve the issue. Perhaps it's my dual monitor setup...

It really is no big thing. Heck, after playing WitP and WitP:AE, BoBII 2.10 is a treat! I've simply traded eye strain for carpel tunnel syndrome. Great game.

Would a dxdiag help?

Fair winds,
Doug

If you're not careful, you might get the Erik Rutins award :mrgreen:

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”