Erratic plane crashes on the ground - any experiences ?

new reply
Wehner
Senior Airman

Erratic plane crashes on the ground - any experiences ?

Post by Wehner »

- just wondering, when I:

1. Try to take off in the instant action RAF training ...
or
2. Did an otherwise acceptable landing without visibly damaging the plane and come to a stop without nose dipping or whatsoever ...

from time to time the game says I crashed, I get the external view and I am done. First I guessed that I got vultured by an enemy plane at the take off mission, but there are no other indications of this. Also, after the landing on a home field, I do not expect to get nailed, though it would be possible ...

so, is this a feature or a bug ?
Nobody criticized the pilot for making that slow roll. American fighter pilots are supposed to have enough steam in their breeches to try something out of the book once in a while. The fact that he didn't make it was his own business.

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

Do you have ground collisions set to off? Do you have air collisions set to off?

If you have ground collisions set to off please try again with ground collisions set to on.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

Wehner
Senior Airman

Post by Wehner »

Buddye wrote:Do you have ground collisions set to off? Do you have air collisions set to off?

If you have ground collisions set to off please try again with ground collisions set to on.
thank you for the hint, but I think I have both set to "ON". I have to admit, I haven't checked the manual on that, but I would expect that turning this option "OFF" would lower the propability of ground crashes ?

Again, thank you,

Michael.
Nobody criticized the pilot for making that slow roll. American fighter pilots are supposed to have enough steam in their breeches to try something out of the book once in a while. The fact that he didn't make it was his own business.

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

Hi, it was not a hint but a question. I am looking at a problem on the BDG 99 version. Could you verify your ground collision setting.

Does the takoff problem occur every time? Thanks.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

Wehner
Senior Airman

Post by Wehner »

Buddye wrote:Hi, it was not a hint but a question. I am looking at a problem on the BDG 99 version. Could you verify your ground collision setting.

Does the takoff problem occur every time? Thanks.
OK, I am sorry for the misunderstanding.

Ground Collisions ON
Midair Collisions OFF

So far, the problem seems only to take place from time to time. I have the sim since yesterday and couldn't do any real sensible testing on it.

I am willing to check this further if this would be of any help.
Michael.

Bader
BDG

Re: Erratic plane crashes on the ground - any experiences ?

Post by Bader »

Wehner wrote:-

so, is this a feature or a bug ?
I guess it's a "feature" ;)

In the Hurricane (which is fairly easy to take off from) you should not experience these issues. *But* unexpected things happen in BoB.

My only suggestion is to to imagine that you are 19 years old, behind the biggest engine you have ever seen. And then BLAM. You're dead. Why?.. who knows/cares...
"Ah yes, Michael (Parkinson)," Bader replied, "But these particular Fockers were Messerschmitts..."

Intel Core I7 920 @3.57GHz
GA-EX58-UD3R Mobo
8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 PC3-12800 (1600MHz)
ATI HD4870 1024M
Win 7 Home
Saitek X52 Pro

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”