Game will not install !

new reply
slipper
Airman Basic

Game will not install !

Post by slipper »

Can anyone help, just recieved BOB2, but when i try to install it i get to 27% on the installation progress then i get the following message

"AN I/O error occurred while installing a file.This is normally caused by bad installation media or a corrupt installation file"

any help appreciated

JamesB
BDG

Post by JamesB »

Unfortunately it could be just what it says, a dodgy disk. Have you more than one CD drive? If so have you tried both of them?

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

That happens with a corrupt EXE. It sounds like you have a bad CD. Check it for scratches.

Sometimes certain CD's don't like certain CD drives too - it's rare but I've experienced that 2 or 3 times myself in recent years with various programs.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Osram
BDG & A2A

Post by Osram »

Yes, a corrupt CD is likely, but before you have to bring it back to the store, here are some long shots:

- If you have not installed in admin mode, try that.
- Reboot your computer and install BoB before starting any other program. Sometimes windows thinks it has to hold on to some file and let no one change it and a reboot fixes that.

isathe
Airman First Class

Post by isathe »

the cd is fine it just does not like ur cd or dvd drive.

Make a folder on your hard drive and then copy the contents from the disk and run it from you hard drive. It ill install then. I had the same problem and it drove me nuts. This is how I got it to install. Its also proves there is nothing wrong with the disk, just the cd did not like my dvd/cd player.

best wishes

JamesB
BDG

Post by JamesB »

You don't know that his CD is fine, all you know is what worked for you.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”