English text error

new reply
McNed
Airman Basic

English text error

Post by McNed »

When i'm in the campaign mode and i'm about to fly i get a message box telling me that there is a English text error and that the game will close. Can some one please tell me how to fix this problem.

System Specs

Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.70GHz
Processor Speed 1.65 GHz
Memory (RAM) 256 MB
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Operating System Version 5.1.2600
Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400

B16Enk
Airman First Class

Post by B16Enk »

Hi McNed.

If you check This Thread you will see some tips that may help.

But long story short is Shockwave are aware and are all over it and will provide a fix.

It is possibly linked to the European distribution only.

McNed
Airman Basic

Post by McNed »

Thanks for your help but i still get the problem

Seafireliv
BDG

Post by Seafireliv »

And i`m afraid the problem will continue until a patch is released. I`ve spent the most part of a week changing settings and reconfiguring. There are times when the CTDs seem cured, but then they pop up again (incidentally the more deeper I go into the Campaign).

I have a small notebook now of multiple changes I`ve made from messing with in game options (like graphics) to even increasing my swapfile and changing memory settings in the bios.

And i`m still getting CTDs.

It`s getting more work than it`s worth. The only hope left imho is for a Patch to arrive.

"Let him who desires peace, prepare for war"

quoted by some veggy guy.

McNed
Airman Basic

Post by McNed »

and how long will that be?

Seafireliv
BDG

Post by Seafireliv »

I do not know.

madbadvlad
Senior Airman

Post by madbadvlad »

I spent five days testing for CTD reduction and nothing completely stopped them. I could get them slightly less frequently by turning 2xAF off, but I still keep 4xAA on as the game looks terribble without it at 1024x768 on my LCD monitor. I don't think there is a fix that we can find by tweaking endlessly, it is up to the devs to look at the feedback we have given and sort out where the problem lies then patch it.

JamesB
BDG

Post by JamesB »

McNed, this is our biggest or second biggest bug, we are working to fix it, but it may be that there are multiple causes depending on drivers, hardware, voodoo, weather etc etc, please keep an eye on these boards, hopefully we will have a solution soon.

NECyclone
Airman

Post by NECyclone »

I just had this same English Text error in the BDG V.99. It doesn't seem to be only in the new WOV.

AMD 3500+
MSI Neo2 NForce MB
1 GB 3200 Ram
ATI 9800 Pro 5.7 CAT drivers

Osram
BDG & A2A

Post by Osram »

My fear is that the English Text error is not one error, but basically a generic description and really is due to multiple causes.

madbadvlad
Senior Airman

Post by madbadvlad »

Could be - hope not though as that would give you guys a heck of a lot more work and you have already been flat out on this one. Cannot say much more than thanks for taking this seriously and continuing to try and solve the problem.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”