Copy protection errors

new reply
B16Enk
Airman First Class

Copy protection errors

Post by B16Enk »

Aside from the normal CTD, which I'm quite looking forward to seeing in a perverse way ('cos that means I can at least run BOB2 again :)) I have major issues getting BOB2 to run.

After re-setting my options as advised in other threads I am repeatedly presented with a 'Software Protection Error' dialogue box that implores me to 'Please insert original disk in drive'.

Examining the disk reveals it to be lightly scratched in many areas, which is a bit shocking as I purchased it today and literally took it from case to drive only. There was also a large thumbprint on it too which indicates the shop have mishandled it (it's one of those 'leave the case on the shelf sans CD and stick it in when purchased shops called Game).

Oh yes, they also asked if I was sure it would run on my PC as it cannot be returned once bought, I just love the UK trading laws - I tried explaining that copy-protection should allow me to return but no joy.

I have a second copy being delivered tomorrow via Amazon, we'll see if that's Ok.

Where/how can I get the CD exchanged in the UK?

madbadvlad
Senior Airman

Post by madbadvlad »

If the disk is faulty they should replace or refund under UK consumer law -take it back to them and don't take no for an answer. If they replace it and the new one is OK send your Amazon one back (without opening the CD packaging).

choxaway
Senior Airman

Post by choxaway »

I always thought they gave you a 10day no-quibble returns deal if it proved unsuitable. I've returned games to my local Game in the past when my system wouldn't run the software or it was faulty.

B16Enk
Airman First Class

Post by B16Enk »

I'm contemplating jumping in the car and driving there now. They are shifting PSPs tonight @ midnight, but then I'll take pity on them and wait until tomorrow :)

I wanted two copies, one for me and one for my son.

Really just wanted to know if any one else had copy protection issues, this is the first lazerlock cd I've had.

Thanks for the replies guys.

JamesB
BDG

Post by JamesB »

IMO copy protection issues are very rare, not impossible, but rare. I have seen few and would perhaps first look at the media.

B16Enk
Airman First Class

Post by B16Enk »

Well I'll be able to determine if it's the media when I get back from work tonight, as I will have my Amazon copy in hand.
Then that will add to my ammunition with Game (I emailed their customer services last night with details of my gripe).

I noted with interest that Scott has now asked for copies of GMX's distribution, that makes it sound like the issues are European only and who knows, it could be the laserlock copy protection or wrong package?

Either way I'm looking forward to trying it out. So far I have determined that I'll have to run it @ 1024x768 @60Hz for now, which is pants but at least no CTD.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

ive has this problem with shop in question and i simply took the game back and said look it wont install, ive tried everything only to find theres a crack on the CD, i need a new cd.
They gave me one :)
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

B16Enk
Airman First Class

Post by B16Enk »

Game will replace the CD. Of that I am sure, if tact fails they will soon realise that I am no push over!

Having now discovered GMXs forums (how many can there be for BoB2:WoV I wonder?) I see I am not alone with Laserlock errors:

Over Here

I emailed Laserlock...

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”