Hurricane & Me109/Me110 problems : trim wheels

new reply
MadRobbie1
BDG

Hurricane & Me109/Me110 problems : trim wheels

Post by MadRobbie1 »

~S~ guys!

Check out the trim wheels in the Hurricane cockpit. As they turn, they change size....they get very, very small, then suddenly get bigger again, then smaller.....

Haven't checked in any other aircraft as yet, but maybe worth doing so just in case they're all suffering this effect.

<EDIT UPDATE>

OK, just done some fiddling in the other aircraft.

The Hurricane, as stated above, the trim wheels grow & shrink as they turn.

The Spitfire is fine, as it the Ju-87.

The Me109 and Me110 have some very odd trim levers / wheels animation - I wonder of they're not calibrated properly with neutral trim settings?

For example, in the Me110, the rudder trim lever starts off positioned way over to the right (yet it's neutral trim). When you add right trim, the lever doesn't do anything for a few seconds, then suddenly jumps and appears over to the far left and then continues to slide to the right, back towards the center of the trim guide (that curved white strip).

The pitch trim wheel & guide on the Me110 has the same behaviour, but along the horizontal slider as shown in the cockpit. It starts off in a non-neutral position (despite being neutral trim) and does the same jumping about from one end of the guide to the other. What makes this more noticable, is the large blue trim wheel with the writing on - it looks like it flips upside down.

The Me109 has a graphics glitch with the reflections & shading on the trim wheel as well as the odd jumping effect and possible off neutral starting position (again the actual trim is neutral). It looks like it also suddenly flips upside down because of the extreme dark/light shading on the wheel.

I've tested the trim controls using keyboard and sliders on the HOTAS stick setup I have, plus different deadzone, filters etc as found in the in game config options for the various stick axis. All with the same results.

As a thought for something way in the future, would it be possible to animate the external control surfaces to show the trim settings in use?

Cheers!
Rob

aka CPS_Bomber
Win10 Home 64bit; i7-8700 3.2GHz, 32GB RAM, GTX1070 8GB, x2 500GB SSD, x1 2TB HDD, Track IR5.
Saitek: X-55, ProPedals, Throttle Quadrant, x2 ProGamer pads; VRInsight TT Panel.

All A2A aircraft, Accufeel and Aircraft Factory Corsair/P-51/Anson.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”