Reporting Low FPS - but hopeful

new reply
pauld895
Airman

Reporting Low FPS - but hopeful

Post by pauld895 »

Just reporting in low fps - change settings to low or high makes very little difference.

Tried the bdg.txt tweak - no difference

Frustrated but believe in the BDG guys and Shockwave - I am sure they will sort it as it seems a common failing that is affecting many people, some with very meaty machines.

Get CTDs also.

Otherwise looks great and I am really looking forward to playing once it os sorted.

With fps in the 10's even behind 1 bandit - a slight pull on the stick and you are halfway across the sky - flight sims need to be smooth.

Fingers crossed :)

AMD XP 2100+
9800 pro used 5.7 and 5.8's
1 gig 333mhz ram

Greytop
BDG

Re: Reporting Low FPS - but hopeful

Post by Greytop »

pauld895 wrote:Just reporting in low fps - change settings to low or high makes very little difference.

Tried the bdg.txt tweak - no difference

Frustrated but believe in the BDG guys and Shockwave - I am sure they will sort it as it seems a common failing that is affecting many people, some with very meaty machines.

Get CTDs also.

Otherwise looks great and I am really looking forward to playing once it os sorted.
I haven't had as much time as I would have liked to play BOB2 this weekend but my experience so far has mirrored pauld895's comments exactly.
No matter what I do; BDG fix, resolution, detail, AA of AF settings I get a pretty constant 15 to 20 FPS (nearer 15 most of the time). This in in quick missions mostly one on one dogfighting.
I have also experienced the CTD several times.

I too have every confidence the Shockwave / BDG team will sort out these issues :)

Most other aspects I have seen in the sim look great although I have spotted a couple of other little issues which I'm sure will be sorted in good time (I will not mention these at this time because I feel the FPS and CTD issues are a main priority).

Thanks for your continued hard work :)

AMD XP 2500+ (@ 2GHz))
9700 pro and 5.8's
1 gig 400 DDR ram

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”