Topmost cloud layer rendered twice...?

new reply
DarkBlueMan
Airman

Topmost cloud layer rendered twice...?

Post by DarkBlueMan »

I have noticed when playing the game and looking at screenshots that the topmost cloud layer appears to be rendered twice with one layer slightly offset. Not only does this look a little odd (to me it does) but could it be using precious FPS?

If you look at Lewis Bloomfields post here you might see what I'm talking about. His first picture with the Spit. If you look just above the Spit you may see the ghosting of two cloud layers. This is not the best example to illustrate this and I don't have access to my PC to get screenies to illustrate it better.

If you get a chance have a look up when in your cockpit, or look at the clouds high up in 'replay' mode, it does appear that the cloud layer is duplicated and offset. This is not evident on the official screenies (I don't think) but is clear to see in game

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

Dark..

I am not the weather expert, but I will bump this up.
With my daughter's computer, and looking at screenshots from others,
I wonder about this, too.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

This is not a bug but rather the way different clouds are rendered. The stratus layer up high are rendered in horizontal layers. This technique for rendering clouds makes for those photo-realistic sunsets / lighting. The puffy, cumulous clouds are "billboard" clouds where they are made of textures that are always facing you and make for good, tall cumulous clouds.

What you are seeing when you get close to the stratus clouds are those layers.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”