FPS too slow + grey lozenge

new reply
Tanimbar
Airman Basic

FPS too slow + grey lozenge

Post by Tanimbar »

Hello,
I've followed Scott's advice in the stickies but my FPS tops at 22 in Instant action, Take off. If I try to play with more than one aircraft then FPS drops dramatically - a slide show - non-playable. I've also tried to tweak just about everything - lowered settings to 'low' etc - hardly makes difference.

Go to 'Fly by' and FPS drops to single figures and stays there for about 10-15 seconds when reverting to 'in cockpit'. Odd behaviour!

Also have a permanent grey ovoid shaped object on all screens in the top left-hand corner. Never moves or goes away.

AMD athlon mobile 2600 @ 2.3Ghz
Nvidia FX5700, 256mb
Audigy 2
1 Gig memory
Microsoft SideWinder Force Feedback Pro

Bottom line = can't play this game in this state.

Tanyrhiew
Airman First Class

re

Post by Tanyrhiew »

No help on the fps problem as i'm getting a slidshow too at minimum settings.

The lozenge is the epi (think elite style radar that shows a/c around you) - sounds like its nt rendering correctly - go into options, Adv. and game and uncheck "enable epi"

Tanimbar
Airman Basic

Re: re

Post by Tanimbar »

Tanyrhiew, Thanks for the reply and for telling me what the lozenge is - I'll try turning it off.

Slideshow - Yes, very disappointing. Good luck.
Tanyrhiew wrote:No help on the fps problem as i'm getting a slidshow too at minimum settings.

The lozenge is the epi (think elite style radar that shows a/c around you) - sounds like its nt rendering correctly - go into options, Adv. and game and uncheck "enable epi"

Osram
BDG & A2A

Post by Osram »

BTW - the EPI should change if enemies are near, as trhe name implies ;). This is probably not a priority issue, but maybe you can post a screenie.

Tanimbar
Airman Basic

Post by Tanimbar »

Osram, Okay, the EPI works, assuming that this means that when an enemy aircraft is nearby a thin line is digitised within the grey lozenge I described. I should experiment more (probably read the manual too :wink: ) but I don't see the point with the FPS I have.

Thanks anyway.
Osram wrote:BTW - the EPI should change if enemies are near, as trhe name implies ;). This is probably not a priority issue, but maybe you can post a screenie.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”