Do You Run a Wide Screen Monitor?

stickman
BDG

Re: Do You Run a Wide Screen Monitor?

Post by stickman »

That cheat gun sight is code made. There is no texture for it, so noone but a coder can change it.

cgjimeneza
Senior Airman

Post by cgjimeneza »

Thanks. I can live with the sight.

the difference in the monitor is just too much!
Carlos Jimenez

Harvey
Airman Basic

Post by Harvey »

Have tried everything to get the game to run at my native resolution 1600x1050 but it still wont adopt that
res. The opening screen looks like 800x600 terrible. What to do ?? I am a new pilot to BOB2 but a long time user of Flight sims all the way to Bruce Artwick first flight sim on Apple...so Its a mystery why it will not change.
I am running a GTX card its only a 260 but with 2 megs Ram. I run a Quadcore main computer custom made with 4 gigs of Ram.
Sending out an SOS. :lol:
Thanks
DC

Prem Holdaway
BDG

Post by Prem Holdaway »

I'm not sure if I have got this right as I have not played for some time.

You will need to turn off the default setting and then select the screen size that is nearest to your monitors default setting.
Prem.

Asus Rog Strix Z690 F WiFi, Intel I9 12900 3200Mhz, 32Gig Mem 5600 DDR5, Asus AMD Radeon RX 6800, 1000W PSU, Windows 11 64bit, TrackIR 5 + Track clip pro, also TrackHat opentrack v3, Hotas Warthog + Viper TQS system & TRP rudder pedals.

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

Hi and welcome to BOBII and the BOBII forums and community. Sorry about the problem but the procedure below should work for you, I think.

Set in options->GFX use Windows Desktop Resolution (Recommended)=OFF

Then manually select the resolution (in game) as close as possible to your monitors native resolution from the pull down list of resolution options.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

fbass
Airman Basic

Post by fbass »

Sorry to get back to this just now. I've been out of town for a few days.

Anyway, I'm not running Vista - Windows 7 64-bit. I already upgraded to 2.1.1 so that is not the problem. The program runs and the opening screen displays. Unfortunately, the user interface screen displays on the other monitors I have configured in my system. The interface is split between two small monitors. You can just barely access the menu entries.

The recommended Windows resolution appears to be set but I couldn't find where you manually enter other resolutions. The basic MATROX TripleHead2Go screen resolution is 3840x1024. The NVidia graphics manager and the MATROX manager are both configured so that the MATROX unit's 3 monitors are enabled as the main monitor. All the other "games" display properly on the main monitor (3).

I'm hoping that someone here is also using the MATROX unit and can tell me how to get BOBII to display properly.

Thanks for all your help.

Frank

hoover
Airman Basic

Post by hoover »

Hi folks,

new / returning bob2 user here, so please forgive me if the question has been answered elsewhere.

I'm running win7 64 bit and have applied the vista / win7 fix, my main monitor has a resolution of 1920x1080, however this value is marked with "!" in the gfx setup screen. The sim seems to run fine at that resolution however, so I was wondering what the "!" indicate (they're not there in the "campaign resolution" setting).

Next question: Is it possible to use my TS500RS pedals as rudder pedals *without* having to set them to single axis? Falcon BMS suppots this beautifully and I wonder if this is possible in bob2 also.

I bought bob2 years ago from ebay, it's fantastic to find out it's still this well supported. I also fly Falcon BMS, FSX and FlightGear, however my interest in WWII-era sims was revived by reading Dan Hampton's excellent book "Lords of the Sky". I'm 47 years old and work as a Unix / Network admin for a large media corporation.

All the best, keep up the great work & best wishes from Germany,

Uwe
OS: win7sp1 64bit; GFX: Geforce 660GTX, driver 340.52 WHQL; CPU: intel i5; RAM: 8GB; Monitor 22" TFT (1920x1080); Controllers: HOTAS Cougar, Thrustmaster T500RS, G25 Shifter (Leo Bodnar USB adapter)

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

Aloha!
I'm running win7 64 bit and have applied the vista / win7 fix, my main monitor has a resolution of 1920x1080, however this value is marked with "!" in the gfx setup screen. The sim seems to run fine at that resolution however, so I was wondering what the "!" indicate (they're not there in the "campaign resolution" setting).
The ! is not something to worry about. Ignore it.

Sorry, I am not very knowledgeable about rudder pedals inputs in game.

MudWasp
Airman Basic

Post by MudWasp »

Purchased and installed this game yesterday.
No clue why I didn't do years ago...

Anyway, it looked horrible, until I found this thread.
So that is why no 3D optiom was available!

Are there any newer pics showing Nvidea control panel settings?
I got the jist of things with old posts, but the gpu cards and the panel choices have much changed over the years.

Now I'm off to have some fun in a good looking sim.
Still have to map a bunch of commands and get a feel for everything in the instant action.

I'm glad I found this sim and that it is still supported. Still have some older A2A products for FS9 and CFS3, and a couple planes for FSX

Mickvet
Senior Airman

Post by Mickvet »

MudWasp, is that you from WOFF (I go as SkyHigh over there)? Welcome. You will find that BoBII has a great historical feel about it also. Great AI too, this and WOFF must be the top of the pile in that respect.

These settings have been suggested (some time ago) for those with an nVidia card:

anastropic 16 x / antialiasing/gamma on / antalising mod-override any application setting / antialising 16 x / antialising transparency off/ comformany tecture clamp use hardware / error report off/ extension limt off/ force mipmaps trilinear / prerendered frames three / single display performance mod / texture filtering anistropic off / texture filtering neg lod allow/ texture filtering High quality / texture filtering triliner optimization off / thread optomization on / triple buffering on / vertical synch on

MudWasp
Airman Basic

Post by MudWasp »

Yep, same MudWasp.

Hope I'll enjoy this sim as much as WoFF. Haven't gone too deep in BoB II yet, but it sure looks to be just as immersive as WoFF.

Thanks for the setting tips, several of them were the ones I had no clue about.

Mickvet
Senior Airman

Post by Mickvet »

You're welcome.

Like WOFF, this is a very self-contained, complete game with a very immersive campaign. There are some mods available, and SweetFX is also possible, but you can also just jump right in.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”