The Accu-Sim Connie is in beta

The "Queen of the Skies"
n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: The Accu-Sim Connie is in beta

Post by n421nj »

Im all for updates but work on the product comes first. A2A has yet to disappoint on anything from products to customer service. Im sure they want the next product released even more than we want it.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

Maybe we can get back to some history and talk of the upcoming and widely anticipated Connie.

A friend was going through boxes of books today and ran across a book called Chronicle of Aviation. His daughter knows me all too well and said "Roger would like this one, he's into that stuff" :mrgreen:

I've only glanced through it for 30 minutes so far and right smack dab in the middle I found this image. I searched Google to find it online but came up empty so I snapped a photo of it.

Roger

-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

FlexFlier
Airman First Class

Post by FlexFlier »

Looks more like a 1049 or maybe even a 1649 but you get the idea...
Taildraggers rule!

Ian Warren
Senior Master Sergeant
Location: EX- Christchurch now called "Wobblyville" New Zealand

Post by Ian Warren »

Flexy , I do recall a great model of a Constellation, I should have brought years back, it was huge, going to the 1/48th scale, that would be a great one on the shelf. 8)

FlexFlier
Airman First Class

Post by FlexFlier »

Ian, I remember it, too, but I can't remember who made it; Revell made one of the Super "G" in Eastern Air Lines colors, and there have been at least 4 other companies over the years. I wish I'd bought the Revell kit because I eventually flew as a co-pilot for Eastern, though not the Connie. By then, that big, beautiful airplane had been relegated to back-up for the LGA-DCA/LGA-BOS Shuttle which essentially meant a lot of sitting around so I stayed with my first assignment on the B-727. Years later I wished I had bid the Connie just to have been able to fly it. Oh, well, the choices we make...
Taildraggers rule!

Ian Warren
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian Warren »

FlexFlier wrote:Ian, I remember it, too, but I can't remember who made it; Revell made one of the Super "G" in Eastern Air Lines colors, and there have been at least 4 other companies over the years. I wish I'd bought the Revell kit because I eventually flew as a co-pilot for Eastern, though not the Connie. By then, that big, beautiful airplane had been relegated to back-up for the LGA-DCA/LGA-BOS Shuttle which essentially meant a lot of sitting around so I stayed with my first assignment on the B-727. Years later I wished I had bid the Connie just to have been able to fly it. Oh, well, the choices we make...
Very sure it was 'Monogram' and the 'Revell' company brought them out or truly not sure what happened, that one was, least the box art was a TWA livery .. I bite myself now for not grabbing it back then, one I do have on the shelf here is the 'Revell' 1/48 B-17G ... :) still in the box tho, ... I'll need to restock on my plastic model build supplies, but that Connie eluded me .. BUGGER!

FlexFlier
Airman First Class

Post by FlexFlier »

Ian Warren wrote:Very sure it was 'Monogram' and the 'Revell' company brought them

This is the one I was thinking of and I believe it was long before Revell bought Monogram but I stopped tracking plastic kits about the time that happened. In any case, I should have bought the kit...

I do remember the TWA kit and I'm sure you're right that it was Monogram. Who knows...I may even have built it but the memory fails me at the moment.

There's also a Heller kit. It reminds me of the Monogram version which I believe also had tip tanks (longer routes):

Cheers,

~Michael
Taildraggers rule!

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

Here's the Monogram version, in a 1/131 "fit the box" scale. Is this the same one as the Revell? Looks like it goes back to when they were competitors.

There's a Heller 1/72 kit of the 749 as well, that gets around in various guises.

And there's an Airfix 1/72 Super Constellation, too.

Minicraft did a 1/144 version:

This looks like it might be an 049:

And this might be the oldest Connie kit of them all - c. 1950:

"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

FlexFlier
Airman First Class

Post by FlexFlier »

Alan_A wrote:Here's the Monogram version, in a 1/131 "fit the box" scale. Is this the same one as the Revell? Looks like it goes back to when they were competitors.

It looks more like the Heller kit to me...tip tanks and the extended radar nose, neither of which are on the Revell EAL kit. And, yes, I now can remember building it. The mind can play all sorts of tricks but I seem to recall that it was molded in silver and I had a devil of a time with the white paint which was quite thick back in the day, and of course brush-on only.

A truly great airplane, as attested to by the many tributes such as these kits and the numerous Flight Sim models. I have both the Abacus and Just Flight versions but am thrilled about this A2A offering which will be better by at least a factor of 10!

Cheers,

~Michael
Taildraggers rule!

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

FlexFlier wrote: It looks more like the Heller kit to me...tip tanks and the extended radar nose, neither of which are on the Revell EAL kit. And, yes, I now can remember building it. The mind can play all sorts of tricks but I seem to recall that it was molded in silver and I had a devil of a time with the white paint which was quite thick back in the day, and of course brush-on only.

~Michael
You're right - I was too busy finding images to pay attention to the field marks... like the fact the Revell doesn't have the tip tanks. So yes, different kits.

I remember those silver-molded airliners - I made a complete mess of a Revell DC-8 in United colors, trying to paint the white top (in Testor's gloss white, those old little glass bottles). Not a happy experience.
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

Ian Warren
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian Warren »

Its a good selection of box art, the model come out the same era as Monogram Avenger and Dauntless, late 1970's I'd guess.

FlexFlier
Airman First Class

Post by FlexFlier »

Ian Warren wrote:Its a good selection of box art, the model come out the same era as Monogram Avenger and Dauntless, late 1970's I'd guess.
I made both of those Monogram kits and, if my memory hasn't failed me completely :idea: , I believe it was somewhat earlier, more like the early 60's. No matter, the film running in my head is nice... :lol:

~Michael
Taildraggers rule!

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”