A2A Simulations Biggest Ever Giveaway At Flight Angels 2016

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Re: A2A Simulations Biggest Ever Giveaway At Flight Angels 2

Post by AviationAtWar »

I could be wrong on the high bid but I'm pretty sure that was it. I think it was within the hour before the Connie talk.

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

AviationAtWar wrote:I could be wrong on the high bid but I'm pretty sure that was it. I think it was within the hour before the Connie talk.
I am completely aghast at the amount it went for. I just can't believe it. I was too tired to stay awake as I was watching the stream for 14 or so hours I'd have outbidded that highest big easily. :(
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

Mustang
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mustang »

I saw at least three of the Orbx 10-pack auctions go during the stream, each one going for less than the previous one. They were in the $200 region. But with only 150-200 people generally watching at any one time (which is not many compared to the size of the community), and with each auction only lasting 5-10 minutes, I wasn't too surprised.

All the auctions were relative bargains really. I feel they could have raised more from them if they were properly scheduled (so people could attend when required) or if they had run it as a blind bid during the 24-hour stream instead.

And sadly the giveaways generally favoured those who spammed the chat with the keyword the most, as more often than not the 'bot' didn't work to make the automatic (and therefore fair) selection. And then you had people entering to win free stuff which, after winning it, they didn't even want... what is wrong with people? :shock: (Better don't answer that!)

Anyway, it was fun and I donated. I look forward to seeing how much they raise in total.

addman
Staff Sergeant

Post by addman »

I won a copy of Train Simulator 2017 in a draw, never received it. I have contacted them with several messages over at their youtube channel as per instruction but nobody ever got back to me. Like, I can live without TS 2017 but I don't like being fooled. Won't be attending any more of their charity streams which I actually donated too as well.
Cheers!/Andreas

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

My brief impression was that it was a bit dis-organized and chaotic. I enjoyed watching and I think the concept was good. The streamers themselves were very entertaining!

But it did seem as though the technology was un-tested, not performing as planned and protocals concerning bidding were too porous. For example, I watched someone win with a high bid for an item only to quickly (frantically?) text Froogle that "he was only joking"!

That is when I stopped watching.
No offense intended, just my opinion.

voju24
Airman Basic

Post by voju24 »

addman wrote:I won a copy of Train Simulator 2017 in a draw, never received it. I have contacted them with several messages over at their youtube channel as per instruction but nobody ever got back to me. Like, I can live without TS 2017 but I don't like being fooled. Won't be attending any more of their charity streams which I actually donated too as well.
I think they were just lacking in organization. But I'm pretty sure you'll get your TS, it's just that the thing with send a message to them with no feedback was a bad idea.
They did post on their facebook page on Thursday:
ATTENTION PRIZE WINNERS!!
If you won a prize during our 24hr livestream, you will be contacted within the next few days with details of how to collect your prizes from the software publishers.
We thank you for your patience and generosity in supporting Flight Angels 2016.

I do hope that next year they organize the prizes/auctions better. Nevertheless I had a lot of fun :)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

We got our email today with the prize winners, prizes from us will be sent out shortly to those that have given there emails to the Flight Angels gang.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

TheOriginalCarpe
Airman Basic

Post by TheOriginalCarpe »

addman wrote:I won a copy of Train Simulator 2017 in a draw, never received it. I have contacted them with several messages over at their youtube channel as per instruction but nobody ever got back to me. Like, I can live without TS 2017 but I don't like being fooled. Won't be attending any more of their charity streams which I actually donated too as well.
Hi,

Could I suggest you look at Flight Angels Facebook page. There are details on there how to check, if you have not received your prize and an e-mail address.

Hope that helps get you your sim

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”