altimeter - wrong unit

The most maneuverable WWII aircraft in history
new reply
Rossner
Airman Basic

altimeter - wrong unit

Post by Rossner »

Hi!

Why does the altimeter in the Focke Wulf (normal, long nose and Ta 152) show feet and not (kilo)meters. The altimeter in the Heinkel He 219 shows (kilo)meters, like it should be in the FW´s too.
I know that I could change the FS settings in the menue. But I do not have to change it for the Heinkel, - so I would not like to change it for the FW´s. An altimeter marked with "km" never schould show feet anyway.
Could you please fix this?

best regards
Bernd

SD_Research
A2A Major

Post by SD_Research »

It doesn't require a fix, that's how it was designed. The Fw 190 has an altimeter that allows you to choose which units you prefer, metric or English. If you've chosen English units, that's what will display. The gage on the Uhu does not allow a choice. In the future we will probably follow the example of the Uhu because it does in fact "lock" you into historical accuracy. But the Fw 190 gage is not flawed, it's that way by intent. If you have a program such as Flight Simulator Panel Studio, you can easily swap out the gage in the Fw 190 for the one in the He 219 but it's not necessary.

Rossner
Airman Basic

Post by Rossner »

Thank you for answering. I understand your intentions. But- I´m glad to hear that in the future you´ll follow the example of the UHU.
In my opinion it´s not necessary to have the possibility to choose, because who really wants to sit in a german cockpit with a german altimeter marked with "km" showing something else? :?

regards
Bernd

new reply

Return to “Focke Wulf 190 "Butcher Bird"”