A2A Simulations - Oshkosh 2014

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
kapjadi
Senior Airman

Re: A2A Simulations - Oshkosh 2014

Post by kapjadi »

Lewis - A2A wrote:At no point did any one from A2A state there would be an announcement. All we said was that there might be depending on how things go.

We had a super show, lots to come back with and most importantly at least 3 aircraft hope to be released by the end of this year though not all Accu-sim!

Nice! I wish one of that is the DC3! :D

stevekirks
Senior Airman

Post by stevekirks »

Scott - A2A wrote:I know people are excited (as are we :) ) so please just bear with us and know we are always working at full steam and simply want to do right by our customers and community, and not say things we are not certain we will follow through with.
I'm good with "no news until good news". I'm still addicted to the Cherokee for now. I picked up the PMDG 777-300 and have only flown it once because the Cherokee keeps pulling me back in.

Steve
Steve Kirks
KSGF
ImageImage

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

Scott - A2A wrote:Accu-Sim is always in development. Scott.
So, I can take that as a yes, Scott? At least one of them is AccuSim? :wink:

cessnaman
Airman First Class

Post by cessnaman »

stevekirks wrote:
Scott - A2A wrote:I know people are excited (as are we :) ) so please just bear with us and know we are always working at full steam and simply want to do right by our customers and community, and not say things we are not certain we will follow through with.
I'm good with "no news until good news". I'm still addicted to the Cherokee for now. I picked up the PMDG 777-300 and have only flown it once because the Cherokee keeps pulling me back in.

Steve
Same here with the C172. I can't stop flying it, to go back to the heavies.

cessnaman
Airman First Class

Post by cessnaman »

G-BJPS wrote:
Lewis - A2A wrote:
The beautiful B-17 even in darkness

Hey beautiful shot of the B17 Lewis!
That pic with the lighting and all, reminds me of that scene in 'Memphis Belle' when "Verg" is in there with a very young and cute Jane Horrocks looking for his "wrench" :wink: 8)
She is a beautiful aircraft.

Tim-HH
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tim-HH »

Thanks for the info, Scott! That's fully understandable :)

I'm looking forward to whatever you guys will come up with...as long as it's Accusim'ed :D

Greetings
Tim
Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

As tom petty said, " the waiting is the hardest part." But thanks to the yearly sale was able to pick up 2 more birds that are keeping me occupied. It used to be so simple only having the b377, I knew exactly what I was going to fly. Now I sit for a good 5 min trying to decide if I want multi engine or single engine, vfr or ifr, civilian or military, land or sea, high wing or low wing..
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Post by Paul K »

Getting back to Oshkosh...Lewis, did you get up in the T-33 ?

CIWS01
Senior Airman

Post by CIWS01 »

Thank you guys for sharing your experience at the show! That is an event I wish I could see someday in person. It seems that airshows alone by me are no more (Schenectady Airport in NY used to have a good one) So many amazing aircraft and flight demonstrations it has to be an amazing thing to experience. Congratulations on the success of your booth too! Scott seemed to keep it real clean :D.

As I sit here Getting my latest Oshkosh update fix from you guys i'm monitoring my A2A B-17 as we fly from Mountain Home AFB to Tampa in an attempt to recreate the flight my wife's grandfather took as they flew from the US to Europe to join the 8th Airforce. Always a good day with A2A!
Image Image
ImageImage

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

BTW, the week at Air Venture in Oshkosh was a huge success for A2A. Hands down, it was clear to every single person who walked in our booth, that they were looking not just at a good simulator, but the worlds finest flight simulation. A2A has arrived and is pushing flight simulation for commercial use multiple generations forward.

The week also represented a milestone for us, having Lewis over here and spending 12 days / nights together, with the community. We had abandoned one tent, and the 2nd one flooded twice. We manned the booth with the most minimal breaks. We passed the test, working together 16 hours a day and didn't end up at each other's throats. That is of course no surprise, since Lewis will be the first to admit how easy going of a guy I am to work with :)

However, we are all in agreement, no more camping out when displaying. The old Comanche is a Southern California girl, and will no longer be tied down in a field praying for t-storms, some with hail, to miss us. No more....

A2A HQ:

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

robert41
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by robert41 »

Good to hear that A2A was successful at Oshkosh.
Roger on the camping out there.
It almost always rains, at sometime, during that week. This summer has been worse than usual.
If you are thinking about a hotel for next year, better start booking right now.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Paul K wrote:Getting back to Oshkosh...Lewis, did you get up in the T-33 ?
Unfortunately not this time around we where super busy at our end often working without lunch and Vlado was similar at his end. We managed to catch one T-33 performance for the show and it was quite something seeing 4 altogether, esp in the same sky as an A4, MiG-17 and L-39's!
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

Earlier the past week (Monday I think) I saw what I was almost positive was an L-39 flying over Milwaukee, I wonder if it was returning from Oshkosh to where ever home base was.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

A2A Simulations - Oshkosh 2014

Post by Lewis - A2A »

May well have been Molleh. A fair few L39's where present amongst other jets.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I of course few quick videos during the event on the phone. These are very quick raw videos just getting the phone out whenever we happen to come across something I thought worthy of trying to capture the moment. I'll post these here as and when I get around to uploading them.

Heres the first one, the very rare Lockheed Vega that we caught just taxing in as it arrived prior to the show start I believe the weekend before.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAkK86G5k54[/youtube]

thanks,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”