P 51 out of control

The premier US WWII Fighter
new reply
ilovetofly
Airman

P 51 out of control

Post by ilovetofly »

I've recently reinstalled the P51 after a computer rebuild due to a computer crash and a kind re-download of of the P 51 by the folks at Shockwave. But now I'm having control problems that I didn't have before.

All controls are assigned using FSUIPC ver. 3.7.6.6 and all assignments eliminated in FS9. OS is XP Home version and all equipment, e.g. HD's MoB, HD's & memory are new. The joystick is Logitech Wingman Extreme and TQ is a CH product and both were used before. The pedals originally used were CH as well but now I am using the SAITEK Pro pedals. Also I installed the update for the P 51.

Here's the problem, the plane suddenly will go into a complte roll, or the elevators would spike and the plane would go into a sudden climb, then complete loss of control resulting in a crash. Also on takeoff the plane will bank severely to the right with no movement on the joystick. Now I have tried the filter check in FSUIPC for the surface controls and calibrated the axis, but results are the same. Also, there is very little fuel in the center tank.

Another thing I noticed on calibrating the elevator axis in FSUIPC for the joystick, is that the direction of the positive number all of a sudden changes to a negative number as I move the stick to the maximum position. I've tried to set it before the number changes to the negative, but still no success in aircraft control. The negative number does not have this anomoly, it stays negative through the entire range of motion of the joystick.

All other planes do not exhibit this same problem except maybe Sanderson's Hawker Hurricane, which I need to do some furthur testing with. My Realair Spitfire works perfectly as does the default Cessna.

I'm stumped as to what may be causing this problem and would appreciate any ideas and help. I miss flying this AC.

Thanks for any and all help.

Jim D.

ilovetofly
Airman

Post by ilovetofly »

Wow! 41 views and no one has an idea as to what is the cause of this problem? I was looking to get the Spitfire but now will wait to see if this problem can be corrected. I'll see what happens with the bombers. Maybe it's something with WOP"S file. I don't know. Just grasping at straws here.

WOP, any suggestions? I've done a reload and still the same problems.

Jim D.

P.S. Attended FANCOM (Avsim's conference) and had a great time.

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

Try without FSUIPC and report here back again.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

dbr_p
Senior Airman

Post by dbr_p »

I remember trying to get rid of the same problem for days untill...
I switched the autopilot off.
PJD

ilovetofly
Airman

Post by ilovetofly »

Everything worked fine without FSUIPC. Does this mean that it is not compatible with the P-51? I hope not since I prefer to make all control assignments through FSUIPC.

Regarding autopilot; it was not engaged. Maybe I'll reprogram controls with FSUIPC and be sure that for some reason it wasn't on.

Thanks for the help. Still want to know if there exists a conflict with FSUIPC. Anyone else have, or had this problem and related it to FSUIPC?

Jim D.

ilovetofly

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

I'm unable to help you here - I don't own FSUIPC. As far as I know there is a newer version (4.20) than yours.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

ilovetofly
Airman

Post by ilovetofly »

Yes Rob there is but it is for FSX. The one I have is the latest for FS9. Thanks anyway.

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

You have nearly the same setup as me, and I have no issues. There must be something installed bad or something.
ImageImage
ImageImage

ilovetofly
Airman

Post by ilovetofly »

Well I have it working fine by creating a seperate cfg for the P-51 using the assignments in FS9. That way I don't have to reconfigure the assignments each time. All the rest are assigned using FSUIPC.

Maybe I'll retry it using FSUIPC later, but I'm ok with it now.

enigma
Airman

Re: P 51 out of control

Post by enigma »

ilovetofly wrote:I've recently reinstalled the P51 after a computer rebuild due to a computer crash and a kind re-download of of the P 51 by the folks at Shockwave. But now I'm having control problems that I didn't have before.

All controls are assigned using FSUIPC ver. 3.7.6.6 and all assignments eliminated in FS9. OS is XP Home version and all equipment, e.g. HD's MoB, HD's & memory are new. The joystick is Logitech Wingman Extreme and TQ is a CH product and both were used before. The pedals originally used were CH as well but now I am using the SAITEK Pro pedals. Also I installed the update for the P 51.

Here's the problem, the plane suddenly will go into a complte roll, or the elevators would spike and the plane would go into a sudden climb, then complete loss of control resulting in a crash. Also on takeoff the plane will bank severely to the right with no movement on the joystick. Now I have tried the filter check in FSUIPC for the surface controls and calibrated the axis, but results are the same. Also, there is very little fuel in the center tank.

Another thing I noticed on calibrating the elevator axis in FSUIPC for the joystick, is that the direction of the positive number all of a sudden changes to a negative number as I move the stick to the maximum position. I've tried to set it before the number changes to the negative, but still no success in aircraft control. The negative number does not have this anomoly, it stays negative through the entire range of motion of the joystick.

All other planes do not exhibit this same problem except maybe Sanderson's Hawker Hurricane, which I need to do some furthur testing with. My Realair Spitfire works perfectly as does the default Cessna.

I'm stumped as to what may be causing this problem and would appreciate any ideas and help. I miss flying this AC.

Thanks for any and all help.

Jim D.
Hi,

A while back I had purchase the IRIS F14 and had strange controller behavior.

My throttle would suddenly increase without me doing it.

The control surfaces had a mind of their own as well.

I fixed the throttle problem after realizing I had TWO throttle controls working independently, one on the F16 Fighter Stick and the CH Pro Throttle.

I went into FS9 and hunter down the throttle on the F16 joystick and shut it off. That fixed my throttle problem.

I cannot remember what I did to fix the control surfaces though. This was so long ago.

I do not believe the problem lies with Shockwave. If it did, there would be more up here with the same problem.

You may want to take a good look at your flight controllers. My CH Pro Throttle has a joystick too. So there are two joysticks that may conflict within the simulator. Luckily, they don't but they might on a different rig.

e

new reply

Return to “North American P51 "Mustang"”