Email to Shockwave from P51 Demonstration Pilot

The premier US WWII Fighter
new reply
Scott - A2A
A2A General

Email to Shockwave from P51 Demonstration Pilot

Post by Scott - A2A »

Like any manufacturer of a good product, we get our share of complimentary emails from customers, but we just received the email posted below (posted with permission) shortly after the release of the Wings of POWER P51 Mustang v1.2 update. It’s from a former P51 demonstration pilot, Dudley Henriques. Dudley is a sharp guy with plenty of P51 stick time. This guy clearly knows how the real P51 flies, as he nailed almost exactly the changes we did in v1.2.

Below is a copy and paste of Dudley's email:

I've just installed the update for the 51 and flown a few tests. You are to be congratulated on producing what now has become a definitive P51 for FS9. I don't know if it's my imagination or your programming, as I haven't used the Mustang for a while now, but the airplane with the update is now exhibiting almost perfect rudder response while taxiing, taking off and landing. It's very much like the real thing with almost the exact amount of lead and lag required vs slipstream effect on the rudder. This is especially noticeable on the roll out as the airspeed dissipates. Have you changed this or is it just my memory failing remembering how it felt before the update? :-)

The fairing door release now working is a nice touch. I can't tell you how many times I've told P51 owners not to forget to pull that damn thing when parking on a hot ramp. If you don't release the pressure, it puts severe strain on the hose couplings and buying all new Aeroquip hoses in this airplane can cost you a bundle. You can always spot a 51 whose owner forgets to pull the release. The concrete under his airplane is covered with little puddles of hydraulic fluid.

The stall characteristics are damn near perfect. The rounding of the nose looks much better.

Anyway, congratulations on a good job.

-Dudley Henriques
A2A Simulations Inc.

Meso
Senior Airman

Post by Meso »

You cant get a better comment than that one Scott.

Regards,

Meso

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Snuffy »

Congrats Shockwave!

Just gives me the warm fuzzy!
Snuffy

Straightenupandflyright
Airman Basic

Post by Straightenupandflyright »

The Cadillac of the sky,really Kick A**
The 1.2 update is superb!!

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Here's another email from a P51 flyer:

“I thought I would let you know how much I enjoy flying your P51. The experience is even better after down loading your latest revision. This is the closest thing to flying the real 51 I have encountered. I am a retired commercial pilot and former warbird owner with many hours in the 51 and the T6 and your simulation brings back many memories and good times.”

Ed Hurner
A2A Simulations Inc.

eif87
Senior Airman

Post by eif87 »

I bet that's a great feeling hearing that! Congrats!

new reply

Return to “North American P51 "Mustang"”