The A2A Simulations Community

"Come share your passion for flight"
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:11 am 
Airman

stickshaker wrote:
Can you not browse to your FSX directory?

I can, but then the installer tells me my fs2004 install is corrupt and that i have to reinstall FS2004.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:27 am 
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Since you posted re: powerpack in the tech forum I am assuming here that you may be trying to update the wrong product.

This update is for the standalone WOP p-51 pack for fs2004 and not the WOPII p-51.

My Twitch for my own twitch live streaming

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:01 am 
Airman

Lewis - Shockwave wrote:
Since you posted re: powerpack in the tech forum I am assuming here that you may be trying to update the wrong product.

This update is for the standalone WOP p-51 pack for fs2004 and not the WOPII p-51.

Yes you are right! Thanks for the prompt reply. :)

Post subject: P-51 update
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:55 pm 
I have gone through the forum and see there are a number who have had problems installing the update. I did download it a couple of time and have tried a number of the suggestion listed about. I still come up with the "files corrupt" message when I install it into FS9(2004). My questions is, I just purchased the solo P-51 a couple days ago. Does this have the update incorporated in it? If not, are there any other suggestions anyone might have for me.

Regards,
Bigsky10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:58 pm 
A2A General

The update is for the first release of the Wings of POWER P51 for FS9. You have a high res Wings of POWER II P51 for FS9 / FSX, and does not need this update.

Scott.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:19 pm 
Scott thanks for the fast response. I am still experimenting with this new flying experience. I have looked for a long time for a P-51 to fly. I believe this is going to be a good one to fly around. Thanks again.

Regards
Bigsky10

Post subject: P-51D/H for FSX?
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 1:40 pm 
Airman Basic

I am an avid FS Pilot and really enjoy all the A2A Simulations aircraft that I have purchased (WoP II WWII Fighters, Aircraft Powerpack and the standalone WoP P-51D/H). I recently upgraded to FSX and can load the WWII Fighters (with some minor gauge and screw anomalies) and Aircraft Powerpack but am not able to load the P-51D/H. Is there a patch available to make this A/C playable in FSX? If so where can I find it? If not are you planning to make the P-51D/H compatable with FSX?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 1:57 pm 
A2A General

The P51D solo is FSX compat, but the original P51D/H package is for FS9 only. This was our very first warbird release. We hope to come out with an all new P51 package for FSX though, but it's medium to long term for us.

Scott.

Post subject: Updates
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:32 pm 
Airman Basic

Thanks for the info. Has anyone come up with a solution for the holes in the VC running FSX SP2?

Post subject: Re: Updates
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 9:06 pm 
VIP Partner

ceasley211 wrote:
Thanks for the info. Has anyone come up with a solution for the holes in the VC running FSX SP2?

I believe that is on the to do list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:07 am 
Airman

I assume having just bought the Solo P51 this week that it will be the most up to date version?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:17 pm 
Senior Master Sergeant

Yes, I believe the Solo version comes as fully updated. Actually, I don't think there are any updates for the Solo version yet.

This 1.2 update is for the first P-51D/H package for FS9. The Solo version is an updated, reworked model that was first released as part of the "Wings of Power II: WWII Fighters Special Edition" CD-ROM. As I recall, the 1.2 update for the first version was released as the team was finalizing the second version.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:11 am 
Airman Basic

I just installed the vs 1.2 upgrade. I like the new view in virtual cockpit and the plane in general. However, I am having the same problems that others have asked about and I have not seen an answer to. The steering in the new version does not seem to be comparable to what I have read about the original P-51. With the stick in neutral or back position, the tailwheel was steerable through + or - 6 degrees. With the stick forward, the tailwheel was freewheeling. On version 1.2 upgrade, the tailwheel seems to be freewheeling all the time. If I maintain at least 20 inches of manifold pressure I can control the direction of the plane. If power is less, I lose tailwheel control and do not have enough rudder control to maintain directional control. This is bad when one is taxiing or on rollout when landing.

Have I tried to upgrade a version that did not need it or do I have other problems. I have tried to edit the aircraft.cfg file but cannot access it. Would like some help please.

I have other issues as well. I cannot get the magnetos to switch. This happens with either the original version or the upgrade. Also, does anyone have a complete list of functions and key controls for this software?

Thanks in advance for any help available.
Barry C Jolly