engine static

The premier US WWII Fighter
new reply
jethawk
Airman Basic

engine static

Post by jethawk »

I have a slight case of audio static when I am running the engine of the P-51 and all the reat of my MS9 aircraft. It isn't there when the engines aren"t running. It doesn't seem to be related to the USB ports or to the speakers. Since you all have produced such great sound, perhaps you could suggest a candidate fix. The only thing I can come up with is the audio processor imbedded in the MSI motherboard. Your thoughts would be much appreciated even though the problem is not likely yours.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

I think either volume is too high or a sound driver issue. What sound card do you have and do you have the latest drivers?
A2A Simulations Inc.

IncendiaryLemon
Technical Sergeant

Post by IncendiaryLemon »

If your motherboard isn't properly grounded it can result in static in the audio output.

jethawk
Airman Basic

Post by jethawk »

Thanks for your prompt replies. My audio card in built into my motherboard. This may not be a good thing, but I understand an audio card can be added. Any suggestions? I will look into the grounding issue soonest and post any significant results. Thanks for the help.

jethawk
Airman Basic

Post by jethawk »

It seems to have been a Motherboard/audio driver problem. I loaded the latest drivers and it seems to be fixed. Thanks again.

new reply

Return to “North American P51 "Mustang"”