The premier US WWII Fighter
new reply
Dan459
Airman First Class

A Contender for the Title...?

Post by Dan459 »

Hmmm, how about this?

http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main ... wd0623.htm

Just stirring a very quiet pot over here. Personally, I have no plans on getting this product (which I'm sure is fine in its own right). The WOP Mustang has everything I've ever wanted and more.

Anyone able to compare the two from experience?

Dan

tommieboy
Airman

Re: A Contender for the Title...?

Post by tommieboy »

Dan459 wrote:Hmmm, how about this?

http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main ... wd0623.htm

Just stirring a very quiet pot over here. Personally, I have no plans on getting this product (which I'm sure is fine in its own right). The WOP Mustang has everything I've ever wanted and more.

Anyone able to compare the two from experience?

Dan
I don't plan on buying it, but just by the look of the screen shots, it looks like some of the repaint have way to much shine on them. I don't like that. As far as the additional eye candy goes, my computer is slow enough, so I don't really need or what that additional eye candy.

The only thing that I want Shockwave to address, if technically possible, is to increase the diameter of the prop when I'm in the VC. I always thought it looked a bit small in diameter when looking through the canopy. That has always bugged me.
Tommy Mitomi

Bomber_12th
Technical Sergeant

Post by Bomber_12th »

Also the shape isn't right on that model, along with the cockpit which looks a little out dated...I think the WOP Mustang is the top of the line, and will be for a very long time! Everytime you look at the VC on the plane, it looks just like a photo of the real thing! :D

Dan459
Airman First Class

Post by Dan459 »

[quote="Bomber_12th"] Everytime you look at the VC on the plane, it looks just like a photo of the real thing! :D[/quote]

Exactly. So, I guess the title holder will be WOP's Mustang for the time to come...

What's next, guys? A Gustav? A Jug?

Dan

Bradburger
Senior Airman

Post by Bradburger »

I couldn't agree more with the comments.

Whilst the CWDT has some nice detail when it comes to the engine and gun bays, it falls pretty short of the mark when it comes down to the shape.

It looks to far to square and just not right and also a tad artificial to me. I'd much rather have the basic shape of the aricraft accurate than the removable cowlings, opening gun bays etc.

My only minor gripe with the WOP P51 is that it could do with a little more dihederal and maybe shorter undercarrige legs as the sit doesn't look right from most angles when on the ground to me.

Oh, and if the gear doors could be made to come down when the engine is off and the hydraulic pressure has dropped, it would be wonderful! :)

But having said all this, it's by far the best P51 available to date. :D

Btw, are you guys working on a P51B/C by any chance?

The reason I ask is that I notice Krzysztof Malinowski's Avatar on the Simouthouse Forums was a screenshot of a P51B/C with a Malcolm Hood and RAF colours but I didn't recognise who's model it was!

Now that would be a nice additon!

Cheers

Paul

Bomber_12th
Technical Sergeant

Post by Bomber_12th »

"The reason I ask is that I notice Krzysztof Malinowski's Avatar on the Simouthouse Forums was a screenshot of a P51B/C with a Malcolm Hood and RAF colours but I didn't recognise who's model it was!"

Yeah, and the nose and pilot along with other things are amazingly similar to that of the WOP P-51D! :D

Bradburger
Senior Airman

Post by Bradburger »

Glad you noticed too Bomber!

I thought maybe I was imagining it! :lol:

If it is, I look forward to it and of course your repaints. :D

Cheers

Paul

K.M.
A2A Major

Post by K.M. »

Bradburger wrote:
Btw, are you guys working on a P51B/C by any chance?

The reason I ask is that I notice Krzysztof Malinowski's Avatar on the Simouthouse Forums was a screenshot of a P51B/C with a Malcolm Hood and RAF colours but I didn't recognise who's model it was!

Now that would be a nice additon!
You have right with my Avatar it is RAF Mustang III . Made by me for private usage. I don't know about any plans to made WoP P-51B/C model in future.

Bradburger
Senior Airman

Post by Bradburger »

Thanks for the info Krzysztof .

It would be a nice addition to the WoP stable and I really hope you do release it, either as a WoP addon or free or donationware. :P

Any chance of some screenshots? :wink:

Cheers

Paul

new reply

Return to “North American P51 "Mustang"”