FUEL gauge (External)

The premier US WWII Fighter
new reply
Cherokeepilot19
Senior Airman

FUEL gauge (External)

Post by Cherokeepilot19 »

I see the wing tanks, and the center tank gauge, but where is the fuel gauge for the external tanks? I know that the wings ones are on eaither side of the seat, and the center tank is on the side of the headrest, and the tank selector is on the popup panel and near the base on the stick. Where is the EXTERNAL tank gauge?

46th_Terror
Staff Sergeant

Post by 46th_Terror »

I dont think the P-51 had a guage for the wing tanks.

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Snuffy »

Terror is right ... external tanks did not have gauges. It was timed.

Pilots knew/know what kind of mileage they got, the knew/know how much fuel is in the tank ... time it to release with about 5 gallons left in tanks so as not to starve the powerplant.
Snuffy

SD_Research
A2A Major

Re: FUEL gauge (External)

Post by SD_Research »

Cherokeepilot19 wrote:I see the wing tanks, and the center tank gauge, but where is the fuel gauge for the external tanks? I know that the wings ones are on eaither side of the seat, and the center tank is on the side of the headrest, and the tank selector is on the popup panel and near the base on the stick. Where is the EXTERNAL tank gauge?
Use the alt/fuel/payloads menu to display the contents of any tank in percent, gallons, or pounds. As stated, the P-51 itself had no gages for the external tanks but FS9 does!

Cherokeepilot19
Senior Airman

Re: FUEL gauge (External)

Post by Cherokeepilot19 »

SD_Research wrote:Use the alt/fuel/payloads menu to display the contents of any tank in percent, gallons, or pounds. As stated, the P-51 itself had no gages for the external tanks but FS9 does!
I know about the payloads/fuel menu, i just was wondering if i could check it from the cockpit and not have to go to that window every 5 minutes.

Thanks anyways.

new reply

Return to “North American P51 "Mustang"”