The next FS2004 aircraft needed since the P-51 is so good.

The premier US WWII Fighter
Dan459
Airman First Class

Post by Dan459 »

Snuffy,

I'm not finding those two updates at SimOuthouse! Can you please help?

Dan

Cancel that: [i]Found them![/i]

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Snuffy »

Of course this is a nice one too!

Snuffy

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Snuffy »

Dan459 wrote:Snuffy,

I'm not finding those two updates at SimOuthouse! Can you please help?

Dan

Cancel that: Found them!

The updates for some reason was posted under the 2004 OTHER catagory.
Snuffy

Dan459
Airman First Class

Post by Dan459 »

Snuffy,

I'm revising my estimate of the P-47M somewhat, now that I've been flying it a little. I've got the mods in, but the 2D cockpit still takes a little bit of editing to show up...and I never saw any documentation on it.

Speaking of docs, the PDF's that come with this aircraft are great.

Also, I want my steerable tailwheel back, there's a little more editing I have to dig into. (I'm a wimp, no rudder pedals, just a rotating stick).

With one of the new config files, the landing speed appeared to increase to typically incorrect proportions, where it takes about 150 mph to hold even close to 500 fpm decent. Any slower, and you're suddenly dropping past 1,000 fpm.

I edited the flap lift from 1.0 to 2.55 and that initial correction seems to have brought back the 90-100 mph / 500-700 fpm decent approaches I know the Thunderbolt is capable of.

It may take WoP to make an equal P-47D or M, considering the development crew who made this one. (See the credits, I regularly fly the Shrike Commander and Howard 500).

Dan

Jib01
Senior Airman

Post by Jib01 »

Ok, I've downloaded that aircraft and have tried the mods. It does not load the mods correctly and the VC and 2D panel need some fixing. I will work on them to get them correct. Also downloaded another skin to add to it. This is a very nice find. It should be up at AVsim for all to use. Looks like we don't need a Shockwave P-47.

Now, where do you get the razorback. Probably that is the one from Alphasim.

Thanks for the great find.....
Regards
Jib01 :D :D :D :D
Now running the following...
Pentium 4 HT @ 3.06ghz
2Gig of OCZ 667mhz ram
GeForce 7950GT with 512mb DDR3
160Gig Sata drive

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Snuffy »

Dan, I said something to Tom "Gnoopey" the provider of the 47M about the 2-D panel.

In the aircraft folder is a folder called panel as you know. In that folder is a file called 2d_panel.cfg

Replace this file with the existing file called panel.cfg and tell me what you think.
Snuffy

Panther_99FS
Staff Sergeant

Post by Panther_99FS »

Jib01 wrote: This is a very nice find. It should be up at AVsim for all to use. Looks like we don't need a Shockwave P-47.

Now, where do you get the razorback. Probably that is the one from Alphasim.

Thanks for the great find.....
Regards
Jib01 :D :D :D :D
Glad you like it :D
I would *guess* that the reason why it's not at AVSIM is because over the years, lots of folks have found Sim Outhouse to be like an "online home" for them. Notice that there's a paint in there for the Sim Outhouse Around The World Race Team :wink:

Panther

Jib01
Senior Airman

Post by Jib01 »

Panther,

I used ot be a regular member of Sim-Outhouse but it had so many breakins and lost so much of it's data it's going to take awhile for me to start using it again. I see that the same moderators are there. They sure have had their problems. I'm not too excited about their search engine to find things either.

You know there is a 2D cockpit ? It will take a little playing to make it work with the VC.

Again, thanks for the pointer.....
Regards
Jib01 :D :D :D
Pentium 4 HT @ 3.06ghz
2Gig of OCZ 667mhz ram
160Gig Sata drive

Jib01
Senior Airman

Post by Jib01 »

Got most of it running. There are still gauges missing but not important. I sent a message to Tom about the .60-ies panel to find out what's with that one. It only has the 3D panel and no 2D panel ??????????

Anyway, it's flying and working, just some fine tuning based on Toms response.

Thanks again.....
Regards
Jib01 :) :D :) :D
Pentium 4 HT @ 3.06ghz
2Gig of OCZ 667mhz ram
160Gig Sata drive

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Snuffy »

I love the sound file that Tom has with his bird ... I'm seriously thinking of modding the "D" razorback's sound with Tom's.
Snuffy

Dan459
Airman First Class

Post by Dan459 »

deleted, double post
Last edited by Dan459 on 09 May 2005, 18:22, edited 1 time in total.

Dan459
Airman First Class

Post by Dan459 »

Snuffy_Hadden wrote:Dan, I said something to Tom "Gnoopey" the provider of the 47M about the 2-D panel.

In the aircraft folder is a folder called panel as you know. In that folder is a file called 2d_panel.cfg

Replace this file with the existing file called panel.cfg and tell me what you think.
Snuffy,

Thanks for asking him! You know people in high places! Actually, when I first downloaded the P-47 a while back I found that file and had the 2D cockpit up and running.

As for my impression of it: fine. It's lacking that cool looking turbocharger rpm guage...but I don't know if one exists for FS2004.

Dan

Dan459
Airman First Class

Post by Dan459 »

Jib01 wrote:Got most of it running. There are still gauges missing but not important. I sent a message to Tom about the .60-ies panel to find out what's with that one. It only has the 3D panel and no 2D panel ??????????

Anyway, it's flying and working, just some fine tuning based on Toms response.

Thanks again.....
Regards
Jib01 :) :D :) :D
Jib,

Could you post the "fine tuning" you do based on Tom's response? Other than activate my tailwheel steering and enable the 2D cockpit, I've made no changes. It flies, well, good, but it's no WoP product! However, the 3D model is beautiful and the flight model seems to have great potential for perfection.

I'd also like to know what the 60-ies panel is all about; I removed it from the Cfg file so the 2D would work with all the liveries.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Jib01
Senior Airman

Post by Jib01 »

Roger Wilco and out...

Jib01 8) :roll: 8)
Pentium 4 HT @ 3.06ghz
2Gig of OCZ 667mhz ram
160Gig Sata drive

Panther_99FS
Staff Sergeant

Post by Panther_99FS »

Snuffy_Hadden wrote:I love the sound file that Tom has with his bird ... I'm seriously thinking of modding the "D" razorback's sound with Tom's.
From the Read Me...

>>>Sound package included in this Thunderbolt release - initially from http://www.combatfs.com/index.php?loc=d ... FileID=465 - by Peter J. Dowling<<<

:)

Panther

new reply

Return to “North American P51 "Mustang"”