Solo Fs2004 P51 and FSX

The premier US WWII Fighter
new reply
svaughn01
Staff Sergeant

Solo Fs2004 P51 and FSX

Post by svaughn01 »

I have the solo P51 for Fs2004,is there a way to install this into FSX? I tried to do this by telling it to install into the FSX folder but I get an error.What is the trick to get this to work?

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Did you mean the P-51D/H pack for FS9? I thought the true Solo P-51D (the WOP II version) comes with an FSX install version. I don't have the Solo WOP II download version so I don't know for certain but that's the way it was presented in the Aircraft Power Pack.

Anyhow, the P-51D/H pack was made for FS9 and was never updated for FSX. You won't be able to install it directly to FSX. You can, however, copy the folders from FS9 to FSX. You'll definately have to transfer the models and textures from the sim's Aircraft folder. I'm guessing you'll also have to move guages and some effects.

See this thread.

I've never done this process myself; I've only read about it on various forums including this board. I believe the P-51 files sticky was added to help FS9-->FSX users so check that out as well.
Last edited by Skycat on 14 Jun 2008, 11:03, edited 1 time in total.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Also be aware that there will probably be graphic anomolies if you have installed Acceleration or FSX SP2.

Reference: thread
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

new reply

Return to “North American P51 "Mustang"”