fsx steam and p3dv4 sound problem

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
luvtofly
Airman First Class

fsx steam and p3dv4 sound problem

Post by luvtofly »

:| Hello
I am having two problems, one with p3d the other fsx steam.
For the last 3 days I have been trying to get both Sims to work on my own, that is not working.
Here is the problem In the bonanzas some times I have sound and sometimes not. when I have sound I start the plane up and the sound is fine for a few seconds and then I here a click In my headset and the sound leaves and the I have no sound. I uninstalled and reinstalled does not help. I have P3d on one ssd and steam on another ssd. I have checked my controls for some keys that are causing the problem. I could not find anything. I have the latest updates. the sound add on in the drop down menu only shows up if I click on the menu bar.

In steam the same thing. also all of my airplanes in steam do not show up. I am talking about the main ones that come with the airplanes, not repaints.

I hope someone can help. Thanks Jim,

luvtofly
Airman First Class

Re: fsx steam and p3dv4 sound problem

Post by luvtofly »

sorry about the double post. Don't know how that happend

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

how are you loading the aircraft?

Make sure the Bonanza is not set as the default flight as this can cause flight load issues.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

luvtofly
Airman First Class

Post by luvtofly »

Hi Lewis
I always load a default airplane before I load the A2A airplane. Do you think that It could be from an update from Microsoft, because when Microsoft updated that seems when I started to have problems.

I have over 125 Hrs on the Bo. I also have all of the A2a airplanes. with a combined 300 plus hrs. I haven't flown any airplane for three days because of this problem. It even does it with a default airplane.
thanks again for your prompt reply.
Jim/luvtofly :(

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

if it does with non A2A Aircraft its probable a platform issue. You can easily repair FSX in Steam using the verify command.

Here is a handy link for how to do it;
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -QEUH-3335

It will take some time so you'll want a book or a tea/coffee on the go and just let the computer do its thing.

thanks,
Lewis

luvtofly
Airman First Class

Post by luvtofly »

Thanks again Lewis. much appreciated I will give that a try Thanks again will let you know if that works
:| Jim

luvtofly
Airman First Class

Post by luvtofly »

Lewis I ran the repair in steam that didn't help my situation. It found the addons that comes with steam and repaired them. I only have fsx on steam and no other games. I am thinking uninstall fsx and them reinstall. Also I have all my A2A downloads on a USB stick, would that cause problems. thanks for the help. Loaded up p3d went to delete some control functions and p3d went to a black screen and crashed. Went to uninstall the b0 from p3d and the a2a installer said their wasn't a temp file to uninstall it to. I never had any of these problems before with over 400 hours flying a2a airplanes. Could I have a Virus?
Jim :cry:

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

which version of P3D are you running?

Have you made sure you have the latest installer and updates?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

luvtofly
Airman First Class

Post by luvtofly »

Lewis I have P3d v4 academic. I have the latest Installers I think It is the one that came with the download, plus the p3dv4 update. I have uninstalled and installed steam fsx, that didn't solve the problem with a2a downloads. I never had this problem before, I been flying the sim since fsx nine. any suggestions will be appreciated. thanks again Jim :cry: PS I am going to work out will be back in a hour.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

given the issue is with the platform not the A2A software I would leave all third party software alone for now. Make sure to restart the system after every uninstall and re-install and just concentrate on getting the core platforms working again for you.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

luvtofly
Airman First Class

Post by luvtofly »

Thanks Lewis
I have done that about 3 times. I uninstalled steam fsx, but I haven't uninstalled p3dv4 I will do one at a time and see what happens. I really appreciate you helping.me with this issue. That Is I like A2A,
because the are their to help. Will keep you updated on my progress. Thanks again. Jim

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Just concentrate on the stock sim and getting things working for you without any add-ons. Also try to think about what changed on your system between it working and not working.

Few things to bare in mind;
-Remember Q is the default sound mute key in the sim
-Check the correct sound device is select in windows sound settings
-Make sure the sound device is turned on and volume is up
-Make sure after uninstall you are moving any left over parts manually

cheers,
Lewis

luvtofly
Airman First Class

Post by luvtofly »

Lewis, I did what you said, and no luck. I uninstalled all the files that pertains to fix, shut the computer down and rebooted the computer. I opened Steam and installed fsx. shut the computer down, and rebooted the computer. went to steam and opened up fsx, instead of the ultra light airplane I get the stock 172 that I made my default airplane. Downloaded A2A 182 opened up steam, choose the A3A 182 and I just had the one airplane. I looked at the cfg for the 182 and it shows 4 airplanes. I know it is not A2A problem, but I really need some help. I tried Steam support they didn't help. I am very flustered with one is going on. I hope you can help. Thanks Jim :oops:

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Jim,

To get back to the original FSX default flight (the one with the AirCreation Trike) you can delete all the files in "Documents\Flight Simulator X Files" (these are the saved flight files). This will prompt FSX to show a little message saying the default flight can't be found, then it should load the original default.

When it comes to only having the one livery for the C182, please make sure the "show all variations" box is ticked at the bottom of the "select aircraft" window.

Hopefully if we can iron out these little issues with FSX, we have a better chance of solving the sound problem.

Thanks,
Nick

luvtofly
Airman First Class

Post by luvtofly »

Thanks Nick. when I select airplane I let the program to only show A2A airplanes, and all it shows is one airplane the 182. Before I downloaded fsx I deleted all the airplanes in Documents folder before I downloaded fsx. Thanks for your help Jim.

I have the boxed version of fsx should I try to Install it instead of the steam version. If you want me to load the box gold version how do you verify with Microsoft since they don't have fsx anymore.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”