Denied access to install Reality X 430/530

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Archive88
Airman First Class

Denied access to install Reality X 430/530

Post by Archive88 »

Maybe this is answered elsewhere, but I don't find it.
Want to install the G430 and/or 530 but get an error message in the Configurator:
"Access to C:\Prog. files(x86)\MSGames\MSFX\simObjects\Airplanes\A2ABeech...\panel\panel.cfg is denied."
Huh? Had no problem with the A2A Comanche.
Assistance, please.
-=dcp=-

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Denied access to install Reality X 430/530

Post by Oracle427 »

Are you running as admin?
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Archive88
Airman First Class

Post by Archive88 »

Oracle:
Well, usually I do run FSX as Admin, but here we are just working within the drive C:\ "world"- ie, at C:\Program Files (x86)\MSGames\FSX\A2A\Tools\Bonanza35\Aircraft Configuration...etc, where I don't believe working as Administrator makes any difference - tho' I may be wrong.
Or do you mean to imply that one can only do the download and install of the G430 etc from the A2A Aircraft Configurator when FSX is open and when it has been opened as Administrator? I don't remember needing FSX to be running when using the Configurator with the Comanche, but again I may recollect erroneously.
Appreciate the assistance.
-=dcp=-

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

The C drive is subject to several layers of protections and running the configuration tool as admin may be necessary to provide access to the files in these directories. The Program Files x86 directory has to contend with WIndows UAC.

Let's try that first and see if you get past the issue. Right click on the configuration tool while holding shift and select Run As Admin....

If you are familiar with reading privileges on files in Windows you can try right clicking on the impacted file and see who owns it, who can write it, etc.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Archive88
Airman First Class

Post by Archive88 »

Oracle:
Life is getting complicated. I think I follow that and will execute. Will give it a try tomorrow.
Am getting a bit more familiar with the Bonanza panel and its AP.
Will look up a YouTube video on the aircraft subtleties if one exists...if not will just work my way into stuff.
I find it's nicely stable in quiet air, but a bear to handle in cross winds and gusty weather (Active Sky) - but
learning to handle it is what it's all about, eh?
Thanks, -=dcp=-

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello dcp,

Are you running the Aircraft Configurator using the shortcut in the Windows Start Menu? If so, this should automatically launch it with admin privileges. However, as Oracle says, right clicking its icon and using the "run as administrator" option should be a good place to start.

One other thing to note: the Bonanza is updated to properly support the RealityXP GNS v2 gauges, not the original version of the product.

Thanks,
Nick

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Archive88.
With you saying you had no issues installing in the comanche , i am assuming you purchased these from flight 1 , if so are they fully updated .
Also anything to do with win(x86) is always admin rights section of windows operating system.
regards alan. 8)

Archive88
Airman First Class

Post by Archive88 »

Nick:
My apologies for the delay, but the Holidays intervened and so here we are in 2019.
To continue the discussion about getting the 430/530 to open and operate with the Bonanza:

I did use your suggestion that I 'open' the Aircraft Configurator with the Right mouse click. It seemed to work. That is, the "...access denied..." message did not appear. And after a bit, I got a message that the install would be effective on the next FSX start. Great! Fired up FSX and flew the Bonanza. Alas, neither the 430 or the 530 opened.
I have downloaded and installed the apparently latest Bonanza update software.
So - now what? The On/Off button seems to work...that is, the 530 screen changes hue, but the 530/430 does not load with its/their screen and data.

I do have another interesting and unexpected problem that has shown up:
The panel Tool Tips no longer appear to work (on this or any aircraft!) Yes, the Tool Tips are checked in the FSX Settings. I don't really need them generally (for example the Comanche I've flown it enough that it's not needed) but in new aircraft it would be helpful since my aging eyes cannot read the panel labels (yes, I can reference the panel printout from the users manual, but...)
Appreciate the help,
-=dcp=-

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks dcp and no need for apologies. I was away from home for at least a week over Christmas too. :)

One thing to clarify here is that the Bonanza supports the newer RealityXP GNS v2 package, not the original one which isn't compatible with Prepar3D. Which version is it that you have installed?

As regards the tool tips, as far as I can recall they don't work if the DX10 preview mode is switched on, so this is probably worth checking.

Thanks,
Nick

Archive88
Airman First Class

Post by Archive88 »

NIck:
Happy New Year to you all.

Tool tips - will check. Am running on Win7 (since I have had more luck with that using sims than with Win10, which gave me lots of anguish) so I may have Dx10 Preview checked ON. Will take a look, but I have not messed with that for some time to my knowledge. However, fingers sometimes hit unwanted keys. It could be that I need DX10 Preview checked for my Orbx scenery? Hmmm, went back and forth with them about that and don't remember what we decided. Strange tho' - TTs have been working just fine with Bonanza - and with my old standby Comanche forever - until this present glitch. Again, could I have hit some 'wrong' key at random?

I have not downloaded the 'For Sale' RealityXP GNS v2 from their website. Since I am flying FSX I thought whatever came with the Bonanza would work. Now that I think of it when you right click on the Aircraft Configurator you then must select one (or both) Garmins under a RealityXP heading. But is there any other way to install any other version? And if so, where does that version hide? In any case, all I'm trying to do is get a GPS that's workable that will allow my flight plans to be usable and don't care about having the latest version of anything.

Thanks for the assistance.
-=dcp=-

Archive88
Airman First Class

Post by Archive88 »

Alan:
Re: the Comanche. Have had it since it was released and don't remember how I got it...direct download ?, dunno. And the GPS with the Comanche is not one of Garmin's 430/530 models. It just came with the panel and automatically installed...as I recall. Frankly I don't know the manufacturer or model. But it works just fine with the autopilot and with any flight plan that's logged in either from FSX, PlanG or Little NavMap. Certainly not top of the line now, but hey it gets me where I'm going.
Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the long delay.
-=dcp=-

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

you can add or remove the default FSX or P3D GPS similar to in the Comanche. You use the in sim Shift + 3 menu to change the default GPS options.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Archive88
Airman First Class

Post by Archive88 »

Lewis:
Whoa - that's great. I was afraid that I would have no GPS unless I got the newest 530 or whatever. I am quite happy with the one in the Comanche.
Will institute immediately when I'm back at the main home on the mainland (am now at a 'vacation' read part-time house on an island in south Puget sound.)
Will let you know how that works...although I'm sure it will do very well.
Certainly appreciate the classy assistance.
-=dcp=-

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Any issues just post, we are here to help 8)

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi dcp,

Yes, if you select the "default" option in the Aircraft Configurator, the Shift 3 menu will give you the choice of two GPS options which use FSX's default gauges: a panel mounted GNS 400 and a battery powered GPS 290 mounted via a sucker pad to the window.

The RXP and Flight1 options basically allow compatibility with other add-on products.

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”