External Sounds almost inaudible.

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Foxtrot_Sim
Airman

External Sounds almost inaudible.

Post by Foxtrot_Sim »

When I got to the external view with the V-Tail, the engine sound is pretty much inaudible. If I crank up my speakers I can barley hear it, but it makes everything else too loud. I've check my sim sound settings and it's all at 50%, and all other addon sounds (including the Cherokee and 172) are perfectly fine inside and outside. I tried in the (shift+3) menu to turn the sound to 100, but it does nothing. VTail sounds inside are just fine.

Any idea on how to fix this? This happens in P3D V4.3, and V4.4 when I completely reinstalled my sim and all addons.
Thanks!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: External Sounds almost inaudible.

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello and apologies for the rather slow reply to this one Foxtrot_Sim.

Are you still encountering this issue in the Bonanza? The external sound volume should be consistent with that of the 172 and Cherokee.

Thanks,
Nick

Foxtrot_Sim
Airman

Post by Foxtrot_Sim »

It's all good! Im in no rush,
And I am reinstalling 4.4 right now so we will see what happens. But so far every time I have installed/reinstalled the V Tail this does happen. I use the sim in Windowed Fullscreen mode, so I will see what happens when I try fullscreen.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, let us know how it goes. I've never noticed any sound difference when switching between windowed and full screen modes, but it's worth a try.

Do you use any camera software such as EZdok or Chaseplane by the way?

Thanks,
Nick

gpf
Airman First Class

Post by gpf »

I have the same issue. External sound in the V-Tail is almost non-existent.

Foxtrot_Sim
Airman

Post by Foxtrot_Sim »

I use ChasePlane, but this is occurring with it open or closed. I also use the sim in Windowed-Fullscreen mode. In normal fullscreen mode the sound is fine.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Sorry guys - haven't been able to reproduce this issue. However, it may be worth trying the "time_constant=0" Prepar3D.cfg tweak mentioned here.

Also, please check to see if "mute on lost focus" box has been ticked in the P3D sound settings.

Thanks,
Nick

Foxtrot_Sim
Airman

Post by Foxtrot_Sim »

I verified the sound settings box, its ticked. And I tried the .cfg edit. Still no joy.
I can hear the engine, but its so quiet (all sliders in the sound settings are maxed) and internal sounds are fine.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

I'd actually suggest you try unticking that box F_Sim as I believe it's not selected by default. However, to be honest I doubt this is related to the issue.

Instead I suspect it's related to Chaseplane. Have you seen this information on their support forum?

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”