No Cockpit Sounds

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
olddog60
Airman

No Cockpit Sounds

Post by olddog60 »

I can't seem to find a solution for my problem. In the A2A Bonanza I don't have any sound in the cockpit, like the running engine, fuel pump, door opening and so on. The exception is the radio audio. In the external view I have the engine sound. My A2A C182 and the Comanche work fine. I have tried reinstalling and setting and unsettling the sound devices in Windows and P3d v4.3. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you and best regards,
Bill

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: No Cockpit Sounds

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

can you let us know how you are loading and what you have set as the sound device in Accu-sim? (Tab bar in sim Add-on menu)

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

olddog60
Airman

Post by olddog60 »

I finally got back here. My sound settings at this time are - In Windows - Primary sound - Speakers, Default Comm's - USB Headset
I am getting cockpit and Comm's sounds now but the engine sound is only on the speakers. This is in the Bonanza, Comanche and the C-182.
On a side note, I'm only getting the 'Rain Effects' in the Bonanza. My download files have been transferred to the new web site and I downloaded the C-182 and the Comanche and reinstalled them. I now have the 'Check for updates' for both of them and when I check the files I'm told that they are up to date. My install file versions show 18.4.22.0 for the C-182 and the Comanche. The install file version for the Bonanza shows 18.9.15.1 but the Bonanza 'Rain Effects' are there. I see the install files are supposed to be 18.11.30.0.
Thanks for your assistance.
Bill

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Bill,
olddog60 wrote:I now have the 'Check for updates' for both of them and when I check the files I'm told that they are up to date. My install file versions show 18.4.22.0 for the C-182 and the Comanche.
Please can you give those "Check For Updates" icon another try if you haven't already. The main file downloads are from A2A's server, but we also make the updates available on a backup file sharing service so customers can still update their products in the event of an A2A server outage.

In this case, the update config files in the backup location were slightly out of date, so if your network connection was unable to access the A2A server for any reason, this would explain what you described.

After you've tried that and let us know if it works, we can look into the cockpit sounds a bit more closely.

Thanks,
Nick

olddog60
Airman

Post by olddog60 »

Will do. Thanks Nick.
Bill

olddog60
Airman

Post by olddog60 »

I ran the 'check for updates' yesterday and today. I still only have rain affects in the Bonanza. In the 'Window's control panel' under 'Programs and Features' the file versions are shown as -
Bonanza 35 for Prepar3D v4 18.9.29.0
C182 Skylane for Prepar3D v4 18.11.24.1
Comanche 250 for Prepar3D v4 18.11.30.0
I did update to P3D v4.4 yesterday, client and content.

Thanks
Bill

olddog60
Airman

Post by olddog60 »

Update: I downloaded the full install files that were in my account and then uninstalled the C-182 and the Comanche. I reinstalled and I now have the rain effects. I guess the 'Check for updates' didn't do the job, but installing the aircraft again did the trick.

Thanks
Bill

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update Bill and glad you're in business. It's not clear to me what the explanation is in this case, but it's possible that the update to P3D v4.4 is involved.

Did you manage to get the cockpit sound effects working too?

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”