rotating beacon sound?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
cessna lover

rotating beacon sound?

Post by cessna lover »

I'm a long time pilot on FSX and I'm not a real world pilot sadly but I digress. when starting an actual bonanza can you hear the rotating beacon like in FSX? if so how come you can hear it in the bonanza but not other planes?

Flieger-Marius
Technical Sergeant

Re: rotating beacon sound?

Post by Flieger-Marius »

I can't answer the second question but I can assure you that the volume is appropriate, it's been confirmed by a Bonanza pilot on here.
The beacon on this plane is actually known to drive people mad in real life :mrgreen:
Greets, Marius

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

:lol: ok. so it really does make that sound. I wonder why it's the only A2A plane I have to do that

Oliver Branaschky
Senior Airman

Post by Oliver Branaschky »

The Bonanza’s is a rotating beacon, situated right below the pilot. In the Cessna 172R I fly in real life, it’s mounted on top of the vertical fin, and, moreover, it’s of the flashing kind. Hence no motor and no sound (you can actually hear it flashing if you’re standing outside right next to it; same as the strobes).

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

Oliver Branaschky wrote:The Bonanza’s is a rotating beacon, situated right below the pilot. In the Cessna 172R I fly in real life, it’s mounted on top of the vertical fin, and, moreover, it’s of the flashing kind. Hence no motor and no sound (you can actually hear it flashing if you’re standing outside right next to it; same as the strobes).

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
oh ok thank you sir. so it's not the light it's self I was hearing it's the motor. remember no I'm an armchair pilot. so that's why I didn't know

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”