Numbers not displaying on the Altitude Selector

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
PaulFWatts
Airman Basic

Numbers not displaying on the Altitude Selector

Post by PaulFWatts »

Hi,

For some reason I don't have any numbers displaying on the altitude selector while all other instruments are working fine.

I've studied the manual and this forum but can't find any answers as to why this may be.

I've tried all combinations of turning lights on etc.

I'm running latest P3Dv4 with the GTN750 in the panel (which is working fine) and Bonanza version 18.9.29.0

Would appreciate your help on this.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Numbers not displaying on the Altitude Selector

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Paul,

Please could you try using the "no GPS" option in the Shift 3 panel and see if this makes any difference?

Also, it might just be worth double checking the autopilot circuit breaker, or at least confirming if the main autopilot annunciator works as expected.

This specific issue hasn't been reported before, so a bit of further investigation may be required. Any chance you could post a screenshot of how your panel is looking in general?

Thanks,
Nick

PaulFWatts
Airman Basic

Post by PaulFWatts »

Hi Nick,

Appreciate the help.

I've tried the No GPS option and hasn't made a difference plus confirmed all the circuit breakers are set. Also done a test on the annunciator panel. The screenshots as per the link below illustrate this.

Also done a complete repair in the maintenance hanger just in case.

I've attached some screen shots with file names that are explanatory.

A question? If I need to download and uninstall and reinstall the aircraft again will I keep the hours I have done it , etc.

Thanks.

p.s. See below for a link to some screenshots (I couldn't upload them to the board as its saying the board attachment quota has been reached)

https://d.pr/f/6wZRgv

DatDudeMIC
Senior Airman

Post by DatDudeMIC »

PaulFWatts wrote:Hi Nick,

Appreciate the help.

I've tried the No GPS option and hasn't made a difference plus confirmed all the circuit breakers are set. Also done a test on the annunciator panel. The screenshots as per the link below illustrate this.

Also done a complete repair in the maintenance hanger just in case.

I've attached some screen shots with file names that are explanatory.

A question? If I need to download and uninstall and reinstall the aircraft again will I keep the hours I have done it , etc.

Thanks.

p.s. See below for a link to some screenshots (I couldn't upload them to the board as its saying the board attachment quota has been reached)

https://d.pr/f/6wZRgv
Here is the link with instructions on how to post pictures.

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=50279

and to save aircraft hours, backup the contents of "My Documents\A2A" folder and you're good to go.

Hope this helps,

Micah
Keep The Blue Side Up,

Micah H.

PaulFWatts
Airman Basic

Post by PaulFWatts »

Thanks Micah and Nick,

I've reinstalled the plane and I now have numbers on the altitude selector. Yay!

I love flying this plane, even more so now I can see what altitude I'm assigning :-)

When I was reinstalling I left the 4K size at 100% whereas last time I think I may have made this >100%. This may have been what the problem was. Anyway it all works now so I'm a happy camper.

Just need A2A to bring out an Accusim twin and life would be complete :-)

Thanks again guys.

DatDudeMIC
Senior Airman

Post by DatDudeMIC »

PaulFWatts wrote:Thanks Micah and Nick,

I've reinstalled the plane and I now have numbers on the altitude selector. Yay!

I love flying this plane, even more so now I can see what altitude I'm assigning :-)

When I was reinstalling I left the 4K size at 100% whereas last time I think I may have made this >100%. This may have been what the problem was. Anyway it all works now so I'm a happy camper.

Just need A2A to bring out an Accusim twin and life would be complete :-)

Thanks again guys.
Glad I could help.

Yes, A2A need to hurry up with a twin. Life would be complete for everyone.
Keep The Blue Side Up,

Micah H.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Even better if it was a B25 doolittle , then you could do carrier takeoffs.
regards alan. 8) :lol:

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the update and good to hear that you've managed to resolve the issue. Provided you've installed the latest update to version 18.9.29.0, you should be able to use third-party GPS systems and set the 4K magnification above 100% without seeing this issue, so please let us know if the problem returns.

Best wishes,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”