Aircraft engine problems

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
fortunjj
Airman

Aircraft engine problems

Post by fortunjj »

This evening, while trying a quick flight, the aircraft would develop no power on takeoff. Shutting off the engine was useless. The engine would not stop at all. It just ran on endlessly with the aircraft essentially cold and dark. Clearly it was in a buggy state somehow. Something ended up being corrupted. The maintenance hangar could NOT fix any of the problems reported. They would remain "broken". Resetting the state to new did not help. Erasing the .dat file did not help. The ONLY thing that worked was to reinstall the aircraft.

Has anyone else run into trouble where the airplane becomes so buggy and corrupted that the only answer is to reinstall? I would have to say that I am not having great success with A2A aircraft. I really like the flight dynamics and realism, but I run into no end of trouble with stability. Clearly I'm not having good luck with this, and I would prefer to fly the aircraft rather than reinstall every week or so because it becomes unflyable and cannot be fixed. Perhaps someone has a suggestion? As a start is there some way that I can guarantee that the aircraft remains pristine at first until I am confident that it is stable enough to add in some damage? Damage off doesn't work for me at all. It remains on irrespective of the setting and accumulates damage each flight.

I still have issues with the Spitfire that I haven't resolved as well - I'm trying to get the aircraft in a stable state when not using C&D at the beginning of the flight and so far no luck...

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Aircraft engine problems

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
A2A aircraft are as real as you can get , damage off in the sim only stops you hitting invisable objects , A2A aircraft will still suffer damage if ditched in the sea or gear up landing , you can select a new aircraft , but as you fly ,you accumalate engine and airframe hours , aircraft will also deteriorate even when pc is turned off hence the reason you need to check aircraft is fit to fly.
Also if you need help , then give as much info as possible IE what system win7 or 10 ectra, what sim FSXA/FSXSE/P3Dv4 , which anti virus , are you running the sim as admin , is the sim/aircraft fully updated , as for the bonanza when i first installed it everything was broken and could not be fixed , so i had to uninstall/reinstall aircraft , sofar i have only had to do this once , but for my other A2A to work after the bonanza was installed, i had to do a one off update else i got a nil value or aircraft would not work.
regards alan. 8)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi fortunjj,

As Alan says, please can you provide a bit more info about your simulator setup to help us provide technical support.

I believe we're talking about P3Dv4 here, but do you have other add-ons and utilities running too? Typically it's conflicts with other software which can cause issues, or users using the simulator in way it's not designed for. Probably the most common example of the latter is saving the default scenario with a complex add-on such as the Bonanza. Please can you let us know which aircraft you use for the default scenario?

It's also possible that the SimConnect client on your PC has become corrupted. Are all items in the maintenance hangar shown in red and unable to be repaired?

Finally, have you installed the latest update for the Bonanza, as described here?

Thanks,
Nick

P.S. For the issue you're describing with the Spitfire, please see my reply in the relevant thread from last Friday.

fortunjj
Airman

Post by fortunjj »

Nick - A2A wrote:Hi fortunjj,

As Alan says, please can you provide a bit more info about your simulator setup to help us provide technical support.

I believe we're talking about P3Dv4 here, but do you have other add-ons and utilities running too? Typically it's conflicts with other software which can cause issues, or users using the simulator in way it's not designed for. Probably the most common example of the latter is saving the default scenario with a complex add-on such as the Bonanza. Please can you let us know which aircraft you use for the default scenario?

It's also possible that the SimConnect client on your PC has become corrupted. Are all items in the maintenance hangar shown in red and unable to be repaired?

Finally, have you installed the latest update for the Bonanza, as described here?

Thanks,
Nick

P.S. For the issue you're describing with the Spitfire, please see my reply in the relevant thread from last Friday.

Thank you very much for the reply and your patience... I'll return to the Spitfire when I have some more time to troubleshoot it... So, the default scenario with P3D v4 is unchanged from day 1 of the P3D install - LM's F-22 Raptor. I was using the latest update of the Bonanza. When the engine started behaving strangely - no power on takeoff even with the RPM at maximum on the gauge - 3500 RPM which it should never reach - I realized that something was badly broken. So, I attempted to shut off the airplane which I could not do - the engine continued to run even with all electrical power removed to the aircraft. I was able to open the maintenance hangar which, upon inspection, showed a bunch of items in black to fix. I then opted to repair everything and nothing was repaired. It did state that the aircraft was in excellent condition despite a laundry list of problems. Something ended up corrupted, I guess. Would SimConnect be the most likely candidate for this? In any case, a complete reinstall did fix everything. My main concern, I guess, would be - what can I do to avoid this happening again? In terms of 3rd party add-ins, I have ASN, Rex Sky Force, PTA and ChasePlane. So quite a few - but they are pretty standard ones.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
When i have used ASN , i occasionally get a bad / corrupt weather download , which in turn has corrupted sim connect , A2A aircraft i was flying at the time also got corrupted , depending on the aircraft would depend on how bad that corruption was , the P-51 for example ended up with hyper sensative controls that made it almost imposible to fly , the B17 on finishing a flight and shutting engines down , i watched in horror , as each engine in the hangar was destroyed by ASN, the ASN corrupt weather downloads that have happened to me , was mainly at weekends , this is my unproven theory , as i can never pin it down .
regards alan. 8)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello fortunjj,

Before resorting to a complete reinstall of the Bonanza as mentioned above, did you try just reloading the sim? A simple approach like this will often work, and the more add-ons that are being loaded when the sim initialises, the more potential there is for conflict when several of them may be trying to interface with the sim via SimConnect.

If in any doubt, you could always try repairing any "Microsoft Flight Simulator SimConnect Client" entries in the Windows list of installed programs.

Thanks,
Nick

imcp3137
Airman Basic

Post by imcp3137 »

I also have this problem: I cannot get power above 1500revs. Neither my hardware throttle or keyboard will get me enough power for takeoff.

From the answers it seems to be a Simconnect issue, although when I installed the Bonanza I was told in the UI that I already had the mose up to date version installed.

However I think a reinstallation may be the way through this.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello imcp3137 - welcome to the forums,

Before resorting to a reinstallation, it may be worth checking that your propeller lever is all the way forward. Do you have this assigned to a hardware axis too?

Also, have you checked the condition of the aircraft in the maintenance hangar (Shift 7)?

If the problem persists, please can you start a new topic and let us know as much info as possible on your setup, including which base sim you're using.

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”