Bonanza engine cooling sounds after shut down?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Scott444
Airman

Bonanza engine cooling sounds after shut down?

Post by Scott444 »

Just wondering if the Bonanza has the engine cooling sounds as other A2A aircraft such as the P-40 & T-6. I am not currently hearing any with my system with the Bonanza. Other sounds seem to be present and the aircraft is working fine in all other respects with smooth 24fps frame rates. Does anyone else hear cool-down sounds after stopping the engine? FSX is set to use default sound device on my system.

Scott444
Dell 720XPS 1st Gen Intel quad-core Q6600 WIn7 64-bit Home SP1 Creative SB X-FI, 6GB mem, Nvidia 550Ti Samsung SSD
FSX DVD / Acceleration

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Bonanza engine cooling sounds after shut down?

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I have only seen this on A2A mil aircraft , i dont believe its on the GA aircraft.
regards alan. 8)

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Re: Bonanza engine cooling sounds after shut down?

Post by Caldemeyn »

Ehhh its there, those planes just take much more time at full power and low airspeed to hear this, people apparently don't take this into account, i see this pop up time and time again. These are comperatively smaller 180-300 hp "relatively" modern engines, as opposed to over 1000hp old wwll powerplants.

Do a groundtest, c&d, parking brakes, set full power, leave them until the oil gets to a typical cruise temp or more, shut down and listen. And of course no cowl flaps, to quicken the effect.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”