Autopilot issue or user misunderstanding?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
tttocs
Airman First Class

Autopilot issue or user misunderstanding?

Post by tttocs »

This may simply be my ignorance as to how this AP works, but I'm having the following issue. If I'm flying in altitude hold mode and disable altitude hold but leave the AP enabled (with either NAV or HDG mode still selected) I cannot move the yoke or make trim changes. The annunciator light goes out, but it's like the hold is still enabled. I do have a Saitek multi-panel connected but I'm not using it as I've not tried to program in any of the Bo's AP functions yet (I use spad.next).

Is anyone else seeing this, or am I perhaps missing something? Or perhaps the multi-panel is somehow interfering even though I'm not using it.

Scott

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Autopilot issue or user misunderstanding?

Post by some1 - A2A »

When you disable alt hold, it goes into pitch hold mode. Both autopilot channels (roll and pitch) are always active when the autopilot is on.
Michael Krawczyk

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

You can use the CWS button to set a new pitch if ALT hold is off.

tttocs
Airman First Class

Post by tttocs »

Thanks to you both. This all makes sense and after a third look at the AP section (really, I have read the fine manual!) I think I'm getting a good handle on the quirks of this AP and how to manage it in flight.

Had a great flight last night from KSEZ to KTNP. Landed uneventfully, but for some reason I had elevation issues that I've never had there before between Orbx SoCal and 29Palms' KTNP. As I turned off the runway I fell off a big cliff onto the taxiway and suffered a subsequent prop strike on my nice shiny new Bo. Grrrr!

Thanks again,

Scott

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”