Attitude indicator failure

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Attitude indicator failure

Post by cristi.neagu »

Hello,

I went shooting some touch and gos at Bowerman (KHQM). On my third approach, which was to end with a full stop landing, things got interesting. Not only did ActiveSky decide that it would be a good idea to go from 20 miles visibility down to 4 (good thing i was on the ILS24), but my attitude indicator stopped working. Managed to land just fine, but when i went to inspect the plane, it told me it's in great shape and no issues with the instruments. If i opened the instrument panel, it would indeed show the attitude indicator as red. I would have thought it would have told me about it in the summary. Is this the way it's supposed to be?

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Attitude indicator failure

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Under general codition i get a message saying excellent shape, then i get the compression reading , then under that i have a message saying careful with flaps as some parts are wearing out,under that i have the fuel flow gauge is reading a little low , and my right flap shows yellow , when i open the inst panel , the fuel flow gauge is also yellow.
You should have had a message under the compression reading about the instrument , i have in the past had ASN corrupt A2A aircraft , i believe if you get a corrupt weather data download, that this then corrupts simconnect , and A2A use simconnect a lot , so this in my opinion would be the reason why the instrument failed but did not register in the summery , this is an un proven theory of mine , but when ever i have had strange things happen to A2A aircraft , its always been when ASN as been providing weather updates every 15 min.
You also stated the weather changed drastically from 20nm to 4nm , this sounds like you may have had a corrupt weather download .
I use FSXA on win 7 64 .
regards alan. 8)

EnDSchultz
Technical Sergeant

Re: Attitude indicator failure

Post by EnDSchultz »

I recently had my attitude indicator get stuck with its straight and level point actually being a 10 degree bank. Only way I found to fix it was to restore an old persistence file.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”