Persistent Fuel Leak Problem (P3D)

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
r601020
Senior Airman

Persistent Fuel Leak Problem (P3D)

Post by r601020 »

Normally, I would've done pre-flight, etc., but I was demonstrating the problem.

https://youtu.be/JcuSQ-vJl-Y

This work around solution, loading "new scenario", took me a half-dozen attempts the next time.

As an aside, loading "reset" will put plane on ground, landing gear up (which is why I switched views in recording in case it happened with "new scenario"), but fortunately, it doesn't damage plane, noted next time I've loaded in.

Didn't know mic was hot. Sorry.
Richard

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Persistent Fuel Leak Problem (P3D)

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Richard,

Thanks for posting the vid. One quick question: have you tried loading the Bonanza in the 'normal' way? (i.e. not through the flight planner interface.) I'm not familiar with Air Hauler which I believe you're using there, but does this also load the aircraft into your sim session for you, or is AH something you load up afterwards?

Thanks,
Nick

r601020
Senior Airman

Post by r601020 »

Ah! Holmes, you may have cracked it.

Having switched over from FSX to P3D, I forgot about initial load-in quirk with A2A planes. I didn't have any A2A planes in P3D before the Beechcraft because my A2A FSX planes don't work in P3D, and I haven't felt like "rebuying" them. As an aside, that video also demonstrates a glitchy maintenance hanger.

So let's try this for a workaround . .
1. From AH load into P3D
2. Switch to a non-A2A plane
3. Hit Escape, seclect "New Scenario", reselect A2A plane
Start Plane

Wah lah! That works.

Fuel and Payload parms aren't being passed now but I can (re)enter those manually.

Watson
Richard

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the update Richard.

I'll resist the temptation to make any "elementary my dear Watson" type remarks, just in case the issue resurfaces, but hopefully the workaround you describe for using AH will be successful.

Please let us know if you have further issues though.

Thanks,
Nick

r601020
Senior Airman

Post by r601020 »

Holmes, you've done it!

Minor revision, just change the plane to something else when loading P3D from AH2, then switch to A2A plane.

OT: AH2 is an air cargo program.
Richard

jpmouse
Airman

Post by jpmouse »

I'm having this exact same problem, only in FSX. So I am experiencing it in a situation when I am reloading a saved flight. Symptoms are the same.

1 try to start
2 fuel goes to zero
3 Maintenance shows fuel leak
4 repair by clicking does not remove it'
5 repair all does not clear it
6 engine rebuild does not fix

Just thought I would let you know for your records. I will try reloading aircraft. If that works I will let you know.

jpmouse
Airman

Post by jpmouse »

jpmouse wrote:I'm having this exact same problem, only in FSX. So I am experiencing it in a situation when I am reloading a saved flight. Symptoms are the same.

1 try to start
2 fuel goes to zero
3 Maintenance shows fuel leak
4 repair by clicking does not remove it'
5 repair all does not clear it
6 engine rebuild does not fix

Just thought I would let you know for your records. I will try reloading aircraft. If that works I will let you know.
Reloading aircraft solved the problem. You may still want to be aware of, and look for the cause of the persistent damage situation.

Thanks

JPMouse

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello JPMouse,

Please can you let us know which aircraft shows when you first load FSX, spinning round on the 'Free Flight' screen?

Thanks,
Nick

jpmouse
Airman

Post by jpmouse »

Nick - A2A wrote:Hello JPMouse,

Please can you let us know which aircraft shows when you first load FSX, spinning round on the 'Free Flight' screen?

Thanks,
Nick
It is the default Cessna 172SP. You may have never used FS9 which caused many aftermarket aircraft to load improperly if the default situation was not a default aircraft. Although FSX did not seem to have that problem I still continue to use an FSX default aircraft for my default starting situation. (Old habits die hard)

It may be helpful to note that, although I had rebuilt the engine in my attempt to fix the fuel leak and the engine hours had changed to zero, when I reloaded the aircraft, which fixed the problem, I had my original engine hours back. This indicates that the rebuilt engine situation was not saved. Hope this helps.

I have loaded and flown several times since the problem occurred and have not yet had any failures that could not be fixed by the normal way.

Hope this helps. Cheers

JPMouse

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi jpmouse.
The FSX default flight is the trike at friday harbour in flight , i made a default cold dark with the trike at same airport , what i do is fire up fsx , so trike is spinning in selection window , pick my airport , load time , load flight plan , then pick the bonanza , then hit fly now .
Also i had to install / uninstall / reinstall before i could fix things in the hangar , then installed updates .
i use FSX A on WIN 7 64 bit system and FSUIPC.
regards alan. 8)

jpmouse
Airman

Post by jpmouse »

alan CXA651 wrote:Hi jpmouse.
The FSX default flight is the trike at friday harbour in flight , i made a default cold dark with the trike at same airport , what i do is fire up fsx , so trike is spinning in selection window , pick my airport , load time , load flight plan , then pick the bonanza , then hit fly now .
Also i had to install / uninstall / reinstall before i could fix things in the hangar , then installed updates .
i use FSX A on WIN 7 64 bit system and FSUIPC.
regards alan. 8)

Thanks Alan!

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”