Hard to keep wings level

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Fastback
Airman First Class

Hard to keep wings level

Post by Fastback »

When flying the Bonanza I find it difficult to keep the wings level, it seems very sensitive to weight differences and will roll one way or the other depending on which side has more fuel/pax.

I use a joystick that has heavy centering return springs (HOTAS Warthog) and this makes continual small aileron inputs to keep wings level a real pain.

In other aircraft this is not an issue due to more inherent stability or with the use of rudder and/or aileron trims.

Does anyone have any suggestions to help make this amazing product work for me?

Thanks

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Re: Hard to keep wings level

Post by Caldemeyn »

Well, if centering is the problem you can try to increase the null zone on the stick so that you will be able to break out of center without the plane reacting (also set your sensitivity to full), or use fsuipc and play with the calibration and null zones/linearity there.

Or replace the spring / add an elongating shaft to the existing setup. There are many mods for the warthog.

Fastback
Airman First Class

Post by Fastback »

Thanks for the reply Caldemeyn,

Unfortunately it's not an uncommanded input from the joystick that is causing the Bonanza to "list" (to use a nautical term) so I don't think adjusting the null zones would help, changing the return springs could be an option though if that's possible, I'll have to look into that one.

Thanks

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

Null zone is not only for dealing with spiking pots, it will allow you to move the stick out of the center detent where movement is hardest without throwing the plane out of whack becouse you just overcontrolled.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”