Flaw in ground handling, loss of fonts

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
MatzeH84
Staff Sergeant

Flaw in ground handling, loss of fonts

Post by MatzeH84 »

I came across a very strange issue today. The first time I had only the first update without the hotfix installed. I flew the aircraft in new condition, only 8 hours on the frame and engine. Made an uneventful flight and shut everything down. Then I opted for a used aircraft, made the inspection, fixed failures and went on to start another flight.
Upon taxiing to the runway with maybe 8-10kt GS, the aircraft started to slide sideways and roll, basically drifting. I again checked everything, but the aircraft was fine. I managed to get to the runway to attempt a takeoff. The brakes wouldn't hold the aircraft back over 2200RPM, and once going over around 15kt with full power applied the aircraft stopped accelerating, the tail went into the air and the aircraft started flipping forward while gaining some 20ft height, then crashing back to the ground.
I reset the flight and reloaded the aircraft, then everything went well and the flight went as planned.
Before shutting the PC down I then installed the hotfix.
A few hours later I wanted to do another short trip, taxied to the runway, but upon entering it he same thing started again. When I turned into the runway at slow speed, the 'grabbing' sound of the tires could be heard (as when you put in too much sideway forces), the aircraft started drifting as if it was on ice.
Out of curiosity I attempted to apply power, which lead to he same thing- the nose went down, I was overtaken by the tail, the aircraft went a bit upwards (while pointing 90° towards the ground) and crashed back down.
I then ONLY used the 'go to airport' option to put myself back onto the departure end of the runway (no reloading of the plane), and the problem was gone.
If that counts, we currently have rather high winds up to 20 steady.

Next thing is, after applying the hotfix, the fonts seem to have gone.. the ADF, DME and AP altitude selector only show rectangles instead of numbers.

Using P3Dv4.3.
I guess I will reinstall tomorrow and see if that fixes the problems.
The non-patched version however perfromed perfectly without any errors on several flights (around 8 hours of flying time), the issues started after applying the update(s), flying time in updated condition should be around 3 hours now.
Kind regards, Matthias

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Flaw in ground handling, loss of fonts

Post by Scott - A2A »

Matthias,

Are you sure there isn't a high surface wind at the time you notice these movements?

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

MatzeH84
Staff Sergeant

Post by MatzeH84 »

Well, I am sure there in fact is a strong wind ;)
While I don't recall the winds when it first happened, the second time winds were 230/18G24, runway direction 250°. Not very comfortable, but I didn't expect to be overtaken by the tail while climbing backwards looking at the ground. :D
Kind regards, Matthias

MatzeH84
Staff Sergeant

Post by MatzeH84 »

Just to add.. The aircraft behaved well again after putting it back onto the runway via the menu, which included scenery reloading - the weather (ASN) however stayed the same. So I would not pinpoint it on the wind.

Gesendet von meinem F8331 mit Tapatalk
Kind regards, Matthias

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

MatzeH84 wrote:Next thing is, after applying the hotfix, the fonts seem to have gone.. the ADF, DME and AP altitude selector only show rectangles instead of numbers.
Matthias,

Is this issue still present with your installation of the Bonanza?

Thanks,
Nick

MatzeH84
Staff Sergeant

Post by MatzeH84 »

Currently yes, as I didn't find the time to reinstall yet.
This problem only appeared after the second update.
I will do a fresh install, apply the updates once more and will report back.

Gesendet von meinem F8331 mit Tapatalk
Kind regards, Matthias

MatzeH84
Staff Sergeant

Post by MatzeH84 »

Happy to report that the issues seem to be resolved.

I de- and reinstalled, applied the update, and then searched for any unwanted spoiler entries as suggested in the link in this thread: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 39&t=65715
There indeed was one, which I deleted.. no issues since then so far.
The fonts are good again after the reinstall right away.

Many thanks for the support guys! :D
Kind regards, Matthias

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, that's good to hear. :) Thanks for letting us know Matthias.

Nick

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”