Update resets the DynamicLights-Settings back to default

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Raller
Airman First Class

Update resets the DynamicLights-Settings back to default

Post by Raller »

Hi,

i just wanted to mention, that the Update resets the DynamicLights-Settings in the Bonanza-Aircraft-Configurator back to default.

I noticed, that after the update the Lighting-Ground-Effect from the Beacon and the Strobs were gone. It took me a little time to find out what happend. I thought it was an issue in the update...

Regards Raller
MSFS2020 Boxed Version (German) | Win 10 Pro | I5-9600K @ 4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | RTX 2070 8GB | SSD | T.16000M

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Re: Update resets the DynamicLights-Settings back to default

Post by Medtner »

Just to confirm that I had the same. Easy to fix, but good for the devs to know, I guess. :)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Blitzer
Staff Sergeant

Post by Blitzer »

Also caught me out, but I don't think it's really a problem or something that needs to be a addressed to be fair.

On a very similar topic though - should the illumination of the beacon rotating on the ground be visible from the cockpit?

The taxi and landing lights do and I think are an excellent balance of brightness on the ground and I can see the strobe clearly flashing on the ground, but the beacon I cannot see at all - illuminates the ground just fine in an external view.

Raller
Airman First Class

Post by Raller »

Blitzer wrote:...should the illumination of the beacon rotating on the ground be visible from the cockpit?

The taxi and landing lights do and I think are an excellent balance of brightness on the ground and I can see the strobe clearly flashing on the ground, but the beacon I cannot see at all - illuminates the ground just fine in an external view.
Also my question. Is this a bug or is it wanted like that?
MSFS2020 Boxed Version (German) | Win 10 Pro | I5-9600K @ 4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | RTX 2070 8GB | SSD | T.16000M

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello guys,

Yes - the update contained amended model files which is why the dynamic light settings were reverted to default.
Blitzer wrote:On a very similar topic though - should the illumination of the beacon rotating on the ground be visible from the cockpit?
As I understand it, the problem with making the rotating beacon dynamically illuminate the environment when viewed from the cockpit is that it will light areas which would be shadowed by parts of the aircraft in real life. Unfortunately, dynamic light passes through simobjects in Prepar3D v4 rather than being shadowed by them.

This compromise should also help a bit with performance too.

Thanks,
Nick

MatzeH84
Staff Sergeant

Post by MatzeH84 »

Just out of curiosity, why are the strobes and nav lights not bleeding through then?

Gesendet von meinem F8331 mit Tapatalk
Kind regards, Matthias

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

They are, but because they're mounted out on the ends of the wings, they tend not to illuminate any surfaces visible from within the VC.

Thanks,
Nick

Blitzer
Staff Sergeant

Post by Blitzer »

Nick - A2A wrote:Hello guys,

Yes - the update contained amended model files which is why the dynamic light settings were reverted to default.
Blitzer wrote:On a very similar topic though - should the illumination of the beacon rotating on the ground be visible from the cockpit?
As I understand it, the problem with making the rotating beacon dynamically illuminate the environment when viewed from the cockpit is that it will light areas which would be shadowed by parts of the aircraft in real life. Unfortunately, dynamic light passes through simobjects in Prepar3D v4 rather than being shadowed by them.

This compromise should also help a bit with performance too.

Thanks,
Nick
Hi Nick,

I suspected it may have been intentional due to P3D limitations, thank you for the clarification! :)
With a recent problem of dynamic lighting appearing to switch off depending on my heading and/or head position (TrackIR user) I was not sure if there was something amiss or if the beacon light was normal.

Paul

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”