Clarifications

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Romeo_Tango
Senior Airman

Clarifications

Post by Romeo_Tango »

I have all the a2a Ga fleet for pp3d v4.
I have now added the Bonanza.
I have observed that the rudder effectiveness seem overly sensitive in the takeoff run. Is this normal. It feels like the P51.
Is it normal to have to keep at least 1200rpm to keep the airplane taxing even when I am solo?
Where does one find the emergency gear release mechanism? or is it not modeled?
Also curious to know. Is the compass supposed to be back lit? On my setup it's not, so at night without a flood light the compass is unreadable. If this is how it is in the real airplane then no problem.

Robin,
ImageImage ImageImageImage[/url]Image

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Re: Clarifications

Post by Medtner »

I’m also curious about how much power is needed for taxiing. I need quite a bit of power. Seems strange.
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

avduarri
Senior Airman

Post by avduarri »

Add another curious person to the list.

joediamond
Airman First Class

Post by joediamond »

Are you using EZCA v2? If so try disabling "Fueslage shakes" in the effects settings. I was having taxi issues, turning that off cleared it all up.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

I will look into the amount of power needed for the airplane to move. This has a lot to do with engine torque / efficiency at that low RPM and prop pitch. We have this recorded on our test flights, so we'll compare the two and if something is amiss, will correct it.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

joespeed52
Senior Airman

Post by joespeed52 »

Also having the same power problem, just to elaborate:

Power needed to move from standstill 2000 rpms (approx.)
almost as if the Bo is stuck in mud or the brakes are on.
Comanche, 172, 182, PA-28, Civ/Mil Mustang, T-6, COTS L049, P-40, Spitfire, V35, and Mighty B-17.
2000+ Hours FSX:SE

DC3
Technical Sergeant

Post by DC3 »

Same here. Maybe its normal, but seems like a lot of power is needed to move the aircraft and also it seems like a lot of power is given up in turns. It does seem like the brakes are dragging or the plane is pulling and anchor behind it during taxi. I have experience the need for RPM in the ranges already specified by other people.

Maybe this is the way the plane is, but compared to other A2A modeled aircraft the Bonanza seems to have a lot of inertia modeled.

Romeo_Tango
Senior Airman

Post by Romeo_Tango »

Romeo_Tango wrote:I have all the a2a Ga fleet for pp3d v4.
I have now added the Bonanza.
I have observed that the rudder effectiveness seem overly sensitive in the takeoff run. Is this normal. It feels like the P51.
Is it normal to have to keep at least 1200rpm to keep the airplane taxing even when I am solo?
Where does one find the emergency gear release mechanism? or is it not modeled?
Also curious to know. Is the compass supposed to be back lit? On my setup it's not, so at night without a flood light the compass is unreadable. If this is how it is in the real airplane then no problem.

Robin,
bump

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

The rudder is extremely sensitive in the v-tail and we plan on making the emergency gear extension in an update. I'm not sure about if we modeled a back lit compass for this aircraft.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Romeo_Tango
Senior Airman

Post by Romeo_Tango »

Scott - A2A wrote:The rudder is extremely sensitive in the v-tail and we plan on making the emergency gear extension in an update. I'm not sure about if we modeled a back lit compass for this aircraft.

Scott.
Thanks for responding to my queries. Thanks for raising the bar a little higher.

Robin.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

The prop thrust has been increased slightly at very low RPM for the next update.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”