Two oopsies

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Tailspin45
Staff Sergeant

Two oopsies

Post by Tailspin45 »

The walk-around feature is really superb...epecially if occasionally you discover something amiss, as I gather can occur. Brilliant.
But:
  • • In the update, you might want to reword the Pre-flight | Cabin | Control wheel - REMOVE entry and make it Control Lock - REMOVE
    • Also, the pitot heat check seems to work the same with master and pitot heat switch on or off
Nothing to do with the walkaround, but the flap control seems to be tied to the avionics master. If avionics master is off flaps don't work.
Last edited by Tailspin45 on 18 Sep 2018, 08:42, edited 1 time in total.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Two oopsies

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
The flaps on mine work with just batt - on and flaps up/down selection .
regards alan. 8)

Tailspin45
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tailspin45 »

Well, that's bizarre.

At first, I thought it might have something to do with my Saitek panels. But no, using just mouse clicks on cockpit switches the flaps wouldn't work uness the avionics master was on.

I'll try a reinstall and see what happens.
Blue skies and tailwinds

Tailspin45
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tailspin45 »

Reinstall fixed the problem.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Tom,

Sorry for the slow response to this one.

I've added the "control wheel - remove" typo to the 'to do' list for a future update. Best to leave the control column itself in place prior to take-off I guess. :mrgreen:

As regards the pitot heat check, maybe this was fixed in the update for you but you should see the circle drawn in blue if the pitot tube is cold, and in red if it's hot. Please can you let us know if you're seeing it drawn in red with the battery and/or pitot heat switch in the 'off' position?

Thanks,
Nick

Tailspin45
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tailspin45 »

No worries! I was seeing the pitot heat indicator in blue with it off and on (yes, I checked the circuit breaker). But I'll check it again, both in FSX and P3D 4.3 now that I've made the transition (which wasn't as painful as I thought.)

Off topic, but in case you don't see my comment posted elsewhere: I complained that the cockpit engine sounds have a weird low-frequency thump and don't sound at all like a Bonanza--more like a radial engine, at least at idle. My observation and opinion remain regarding the FSX version, but the P3D sounds are spot on throughout the RPM range. Inside and out it sounds great. An entirely different audio experience!

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”