Nav lights and power draw when BATT master is off.

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
EnDSchultz
Technical Sergeant

Nav lights and power draw when BATT master is off.

Post by EnDSchultz »

Saw this reported in another thread but I did some tinkering and thought I'd codify it a little more. Running the FSX version. To reproduce:

1. Turn all electrical switches OFF.

2. Cycle BAT master ON, then OFF to "reset" the electrical system state, for lack of a better description.

3. Nav lights ON. You'll see they're illuminated even though BATT Master is OFF. Also note this produces a -3 amp draw on the ammeter.

4. Nav lights OFF. The lights will extinguish but the -3 amps on the ammeter will still indicate until you cycle the BAT master on and off.

5. Regarding the phantom electrical draw, it also seems to manifest when you turn on the Pitot Heat, Strobes, or Beacon when the BAT master is off - in varying amounts. Turning on or off additional equipment doesn't seem to change the amount of draw at all once you've flipped the first switch and see the initial ammeter drop. Cycling the master ON and OFF will reset the ammeter to zero regardless of any of the switch positions.

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Re: Nav lights and power draw when BATT master is off.

Post by Caldemeyn »

Fsuipc battery maybe ?
Default flight changed in any way ?
Pushed L or any other button that starts all effects ?
Simconnect maybe ? Hangar situation inspected ?
I don't use fsx anymore, can't test, sorry.
Applied latest core patch for fsx?

mark070797
Airman Basic

Post by mark070797 »

I’ve also got this problem on the FSX version. Nag lights and beacon stay illuminated even though BAT has been turned off. It’s worth noting though that the beacon rotation sound stops when BAT is put to off, but the lights is still on.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the reports guys.

EnDSchultz - I've just reproduced the issue with the NAV lights you describe in my installation of FSX-SE. (This issue doesn't affect P3D v4). I'll add this one to the 'to do' list for a future update.

mark070797 - The rotating beacon seems to function as expected with my FSX installation though, as regards battery switch position. It may be worth checking if you have the FSUIPC "extend battery life" setting ticked, as Caldemeyn mentions above.

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”