fsx steam and p3dv4 sound problem

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: fsx steam and p3dv4 sound problem

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Jim - no, please don't revert back to the boxed version: this'll only cause more issues.

This is what I mean when I talk about "show all variations". (Please see the pic in the linked thread below.)

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthre ... ost1807437

Thanks,
Nick

luvtofly
Airman First Class

Post by luvtofly »

Guys I must be getting senile in my old age. When I downloaded A2A 172, and when I went into select airplane, only showed. I looked down and seen show all versions It was unticked. I ticked it and then all three 172 showed up. I feel so stupid not checking that box. I sorry I bothered you guys. I will let you know how everything goes. Thanks again Love A2A.
jim

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hey Jim - no problem. Yeah, let us know how you get on. If we work through the issues one step at time, I'm sure we'll be able to get things straightened out.

Thanks,
Nick

luvtofly
Airman First Class

Post by luvtofly »

Nick, Well I am having problems, again. This time last night I thought I had it working. I set the air creation as my default flight with the engines shut off and parked at my airport, KAKR. Went to start it up this today and it loads the trike at Friday harbor, flying. I shut the sim down and shut of the computer and rebooted. opened up steam started fsx. set the trike at KAKR, made it my default airplane. started the flight. The opening screen is black with no airplane, I have never had this kind of trouble with the sim. Any help would be appreciated. I am about ready to clean my computer and reinstall windows 10, but I don't want to do that. Thanks Jim

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Jim,

It's probably worth deleting some *.cfg files etc to revert FSX more-or-less to its default state on installation. To do this, you can delete these two folders and their contents:
  • C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX
By default, "AppData" is a hidden system folder. For more info on how to make it visible, please see here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/hel ... dden-files.

Thanks,
Nick

luvtofly
Airman First Class

Post by luvtofly »

Thanks Nick.
I am redownloading the sim again, deleted those files that you told me to try. I had another problem with orbix. I think that I solved that problem. I will let you know how this goes. I hope this will be the last time. thanks again
Jim :cry:

luvtofly
Airman First Class

Post by luvtofly »

I am starting to get really upset with what is going on. Now I redownloaded fsx, it showed up . I went and made a default flight shut everything off in the plane. reloaded the sim , came up the opening screen was black. There is something going on with my computer. I never had this much trouble with reloading fsx. Now my orbix scenery is telling me that I have no flight simulator. When I downloaded Vector, after it was done a error said that it couldn't find a sim on my computer. When I went to download the scenery I showed where my fsx was, and it downloaded the scenery and it shows up in the orbix folder in fsx. Please help. Thanks Jim

well I got it to show up in the opening screen, but when I go to save a flight as default. I go in and save the flight, and make it my default flight. I shut down the computer, and restart fsx and it shows the trike back at Friday harbor. I notice when I saved my default flight, it doesn't show up in the saved flight menu.
Another thing that I notice,when I open up fsx in the steam folder It shows a bunch of zipped folders, and some of the folders are dated back to 2014,
I think that I really did something stupid. That is what you get when you get old and the old brain don't want to work anymore. Sorry for the long post but I am desperate.
thanks Jim

luvtofly
Airman First Class

Post by luvtofly »

Thanks Nick and Lewis
you can close this support
thanks Jim

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Jim,

Sorry I didn't get round to responding to your last post yet. Did you manage to get things sorted?

Thanks,
Nick

luvtofly
Airman First Class

Post by luvtofly »

Thanks Nick.
I didn't get it sorted out still have the same problems. I know it is not a A2A problem. If you have any ideas I would still appreciate it. I even redownloaded P3dv4 to see if it would work. And I have the same problem with P3d.
Thanks Jim

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Jim,

It's probably best to take things one step at a time and before you try reinstalling any A2A/Orbx software, make sure the host sim is running as expected.

If we focus on just FSX-SE for a while, have you tried deleting those folders I mentioned above since re-downloading (it sounds like you installed again)?

Also, did you previously have the disk version of FSX installed on your PC at the same time as the Steam edition?

Thanks,
Nick

luvtofly
Airman First Class

Post by luvtofly »

Nick,
Deleted those folders and redownloaded fsx steam, At onetime I had fsx on one drive and steam on another. The hard drive that had fsx on stopped working, so I took it off of my computer went out and bought a ssd drive and put Steam on that drive, I looked for any old files of fsx but couldn't find any. Now that you mentioned fsx When the first time I went to load the Bonanza, the installer said that I had fsx and steam, but it loaded to steam, because I didn't have fsx installed because I removed the hard drive. I removed the hard drive many months ago. Hope you can help thanks Jim

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks Jim.

The reason I ask is because if you had the disk edition of FSX installed on the machine, then you installed FSX-SE at the same time, and subsequently removed the disk edition, the Windows registry and some of the file locations for FSX-SE will differ.

It all gets a bit complicated I'm afraid, but if you totally removed (uninstalled) both, and then reinstalled FSX-SE, you should have 'standard' registry entries for FSX-SE. Do you remember if the disk edition of FSX was successfully uninstalled back along? (i.e. does it still show in your Windows list of installed programs?)

Thanks,
Nick

luvtofly
Airman First Class

Post by luvtofly »

Nick
When my hard drive that had fsx on it, I just took the hard drive out of the machine. What is really frustrating Is I have over a 100 hrs on the bo, in both fsx steam and p3dv4. I made a little progress with fsx steam, I don't know how it happened but when I loaded it again and it went to the opening screen I had the trike at Friday harbor. I went to the load to see if the stock 172 I flew, I wanted to see if it saved it and It did. I proceeded to load it and It showed up at the airport that I use. I made it my default flight and it is working. So I thought I had fixed, so I loaded up the Bo and was going to set up all of my controls. Went into the configurator and It said unhandled exception, and I had no sound. I thought I had it fixed but I don't. Sorry about the long post. Thanks Jim
Well it is back to a black opening screen, I loaded it up to see if I had the default 172, and the opening screen showed up black. I haven't done anything, I just shut down my computer last night and restarted it up this morning. I don't want to format c drive and reinstall Microsoft 10, I don't no if it will reinstall with all the problems I am having. Thanks again Jim wilson :evil: :evil: :evil:

luvtofly
Airman First Class

Post by luvtofly »

Nick and Lewis
I just wanted to let you know that I got the sound to work in fsx steam, but it will not let me save flights. Went and googled the problem and their was one person that had the same problem he had way back in June 2018. What he think happened was that their was a windows ten Update that was giving him problems. He tried everything that they told him to do, but that didn't help. He said he was going to reinstall windows. and that is where the post ended. So I think that is what I am going to do. do think that is the problem, because that is when I started to have problems with fsx after the update. thanks jim

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”