V35 P3Dv4 Will not install

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
N618RC
Airman

V35 P3Dv4 Will not install

Post by N618RC »

For whatever reason when I try to install my v35 it tells me that it cannot find the P3D folder. I even moved the install file into the root folder and it doesn't find it. I know that it tries to install it in the addon folder in documents and it exists but I set P3Dv4 up so they install in the sim objects folder. The install gives me no option to direct the install. Do not know where to go from here.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: V35 P3Dv4 Will not install

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the forums,

it sounds like the installer is having trouble finding the directory keys in your system for P3D. How have you installed your P3D as its not normal for the reg keys to be missing.

Also just a heads up its not a good idea to move the add-ons folder back to simobjects meaning potential more reinstalls should lockheed update P3D and change the files (this is why its advised by Lockheed to deliver products externally so the main P3D sim can be updated through its life without it affecting your add-on software).

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Just to add to Lewis's reply N618RC, The message you're seeing indicates that the Prepar3D.exe can't be located in the location specified in the Windows registry.

If you've manually moved or renamed any of the P3D folders since installation, that would be one explanation for this.

Alternatively, it could be due to registry edits cause by a third-party program. You could try a 'repair' of your P3D installation via the Windows add/remove programs screen.

Thanks,
Nick

N618RC
Airman

Post by N618RC »

I have not moved any folders at all. I looked in the registry and it seems to be in order. The REG_SZ is C:\Lockheed Martin\ . I installed P3D v4 directly onto the C drive so the path is C:Lockeed Martin\Prepar3D v4. The folder I referenced is the Prepar3d v4 Add-ons in the documents folder which I opted to bypass to the simobjects folder.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the additional info.

Have you tried a repair of your Prepar3D installation as suggested above? This should fix any registry entries which may have been altered by third-party utilities.
N618RC wrote: I looked in the registry and it seems to be in order. The REG_SZ is C:\Lockheed Martin\
Just to clarify, Prepar3D records its installation path using the following registry key so you may wish to check it:
  • HKEY\LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SetupPath
We don't recommend you try to install within the 'SimObjects' folder, but doing so shouldn't cause the error message you described.

Thanks,
Nick

N618RC
Airman

Post by N618RC »

Okay, well I got it installed and the folder thing was the problem. I had created a Lockheed Martin folder on my C drive and then installed Prepar3D v4 inside of it. I just changed the name of the P3D file to Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v4 and eliminated the Lockheed Martin folder. Thanks for your patience and help.
Randy

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good to hear Randy and no worries. If you ever have an issue please do just post so we can help.

happy flying in the virtual skies

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”