two questions...

The world's most famous high performance general aviation aircraft
new reply
Slick09
Airman

two questions...

Post by Slick09 »

i'm finally getting into the bo and loving it.

1.) where can i find some interior repaints. i looked on avsim under "paul grubich" but the search came up empty. i've customized by panels and gauges (thanks to taildraggin68) and now i'd like to change up my interior.

2.) what is the proper method for doing a runup in the bo? what i do right now is

- go to full mixture
-throttle in about halfway
-rpm increase to 1700
-then switch the magnetos of one at a time and watch for the rpm drop. (currently my right magneto is causing a 300 - 400 drop in rpm - but i'm not sure how to repair it in the hanger)

thnx all

richard

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: two questions...

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,

1) Check this URL, it has condensed liveries for most A2A models. :)

2) Does "Shift+7" hangar show anything to repair. (For the Bonanza, you need to press "Inspect" in order to get the aircraft inspected)

Cheerz,
Vladi
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Slick09
Airman

Post by Slick09 »

thnx for the link vladi, i'll check it out. my hangar doesn't show any items needing repairs. that's why i'm wondering if i'm executing the run up properly.

richard

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Slick09 wrote:thnx for the link vladi, i'll check it out. my hangar doesn't show any items needing repairs. that's why i'm wondering if i'm executing the run up properly.

richard
Hi Richard,

Did you click on the "Inspect" button in the hangar at the bottom right corner of the pop-up? You should do so if not, in order to tell the "virtual mechanic" to check your plane and then you will see if something is wrong with the airplane. This is a new feature in the hangar, available only for the Bonanza at this point.

Vladi
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Slick09
Airman

Post by Slick09 »

yes i had the plane inspected and repaired everything (i set it up as used) - so i've been flying with the faulty magneto

richard

Slick09
Airman

Post by Slick09 »

yes i had the plane inspected and repaired everything (i set it up as used) - so i've been flying with the faulty magneto

richard

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Post by ClipperLuna »

Sounds like you're doing the runup right. You may have a fouled plug rather than a bad magneto. It seems like if they're just a little fouled it won't trigger a fix-it note in the hanger. You can try replacing the plugs, or much better still, fix it like they do in the real world and burn the fouling off yourself. Increase engine speed a couple hundred RPM (to 1900) and lean the mixture until you get a 25-50 rpm drop, then let it run like that for about 30 seconds and do the plug check again. If they're still fouled try clearing them for a minute. And watch your CHTs when you're doing this, they can get toasty.

Slick09
Airman

Post by Slick09 »

thnx clipperluna!! i will try your suggestions...

richard

new reply

Return to “Bonanza "V-Tail"”