Accelerated Flight (FSX) : Effect on Engine Hours

The world's most famous high performance general aviation aircraft
new reply
SJDobby
Airman

Accelerated Flight (FSX) : Effect on Engine Hours

Post by SJDobby »

Hi

I recall that using accelerated-time in FSX causes the A2A airframe/engine hours (and associated wear & tear) to match the real-world time rather than the "FSX" time - i.e. a flight of 4 hours run at double-speed will only add 2 hours to the airframe/engine hours, not 4.

I just wanted this confirmed (and that it hasn't changed in the more recent A2A products/updates) prior to me engaging in some longer Bonanza flights - I don't want to use accelerated time if my aircraft's airframe/engine times are not going to reflect the "full" flight length.

Cheers
Simon
ImageImage

skyhawkii
Airman

Re: Accelerated Flight (FSX) : Effect on Engine Hours

Post by skyhawkii »

You're right, time compression is not supported with Accusim planes. I asked the same question when I got my first A2A plane. For me, that's the only big minus with Accusim. That's why I always use other planes for longer trips. If this will ever be supported, it would make Accusim perfect for me.

SJDobby
Airman

Post by SJDobby »

Cheers, thanks for confirming.

Personally I don't hold it against A2A for this approach; while I don't get many hours a week to fly the virtual skies, I suspect that my rubbish 7-year old bog-standard laptop on which I run FSX would throw wobblers if I started running complex products in accelerated time, so probably for the best that I stick to real-time.
ImageImage

pilotgod
Senior Airman

Post by pilotgod »

The big downfall would be that if they switched to using the Sim clock, then there would be no way for them to track how long it sat in the hangar abandoned, how long the oil had to cool down, how long you let it sit in Barrow, AK at -50F, etc. There are so many benefits to using the PC clock that this one con isn't enough to justify a switch.

Now, if they could get both clocks working together, that would be something.
System Specs:
Intel i7-2600 @ 4.3GHz, ASUS P8P67-Deluxe, 8GB DDR3-1600, ATI Radeon HD7770 (2GB), OCZ Vertex 250GB SSD (OS), Seagate 1TB HDD (Data)
FSX w/Acceleration and tons of add-ons.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza "V-Tail"”